Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to make a trip to Harbor Freight today in the Alti to pick up a hose for my compressor....well it was windy and I was doing about 80-95 mph.

Let me tell you....this car does not take well to the wind. Side drafts blew this MOFO all over the place. I am guessing because it is so high in the roof area it catches a lot of the wind. It really does not feel safe..... Any one else have any wind experience with the altima???

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hey Wild Willy and Slurppie! You guys over here too?!? :D
I know what you mean WW. I was driving through Nevada and Arizona a couple of months back and the crosswinds gave me a scare when I was traveling at high speeds. *watch out for those bridges with open valleys*

·
Registered
641 Posts
wild willy said:
I had to make a trip to Harbor Freight today in the Alti to pick up a hose for my compressor....well it was windy and I was doing about 80-95 mph.

Let me tell you....this car does not take well to the wind. Side drafts blew this MOFO all over the place. I am guessing because it is so high in the roof area it catches a lot of the wind. It really does not feel safe..... Any one else have any wind experience with the altima???
You are talking yourself into a rear wheel drive car. Oh Yeh there are none, wait something that starts with a G. It is all coming back, more wine Willy, I can see clearly now 3.5, no that is 35. Ah Yes a little heavier and a little lower, that will do the trick.;)

·
Friends of ours...
1,348 Posts
Re: re: cross winds

3.5SE Auto said:
sportlines help tremendously. I live in northern arizona and have never had a problem with the cross winds since i lowered it.

zip/zilch
Took the post right out of my hands. Spings are the answer.

T

·
0 Posts
next time roll down all your windows. you shouldn't have any problems.:D seriously I've experienced that also. next mod is lowering the car.

·
Friends of ours...
1,348 Posts
Re: Re: Re: re: cross winds

Ratwayne said:
Ruben, how do you contend with speed bumps, railway crossings steep driveways etc.etc.?

I would love to Lower but.........
Have to change habits just a bit, hit steep curbs and speed bumps at an angle. other than that no probs. You get used to it quickly, the ride with the prokits is very close to stock. In fact the twitchiness (sp?) is gone with the new springs.

I lowered my last car, 1991 Q45, and after 8 years of that, I'll lower everything I own, until I get a real sports car. :D

·
Registered
178 Posts
wild willy said:

I did notice this when I had the Stock tires on. I haven't noticed since I have the Michelin PILOT MXM4's on. This can't make that mush of a difference so probably just haven't driven when the wind was up. I'm just about to switch back to stock tires for the winter, so I note any changes I see.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: re: cross winds

OhTwoAltimaSE said:
Have to change habits just a bit, hit steep curbs and speed bumps at an angle. other than that no probs. You get used to it quickly, the ride with the prokits is very close to stock. In fact the twitchiness (sp?) is gone with the new springs.

I lowered my last car, 1991 Q45, and after 8 years of that, I'll lower everything I own, until I get a real sports car. :D
Someone else mentioned that, It`s got nothing to do with tires unless it is a hydroplaning problem and there isn`t of coarse.

It is the height and the suspension, I believe you have the answer.:cool:

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Slurppie said:
First I am jealous that Harbor Freight is just a drive from you :mad: Secondly, I have noticed the same thing over the past few days. I feel like a rolling billboard as I cruise down the road.
Yes it is a new store just up this year. I have been looking at a new hose, Sears had a 50 ft 200psi for 35 bucks....I got one At HF for 12.99 300psi and guaranteed for 2 years.....I was thrilled!! I still like ordering out of the catalog though, it is fun when the post man comes and I get to rummage through all of the foam peanuts to find my prizes;)

·
Registered
178 Posts
wild willy said:
Yes it is a new store just up this year. I have been looking at a new hose, Sears had a 50 ft 200psi for 35 bucks....I got one At HF for 12.99 300psi and guaranteed for 2 years.....I was thrilled!! I still like ordering out of the catalog though, it is fun when the post man comes and I get to rummage through all of the foam peanuts to find my prizes;)
What is this hose thingy? Does it bolt on? What's the HP gain? Or is it just for looks?

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
SILENT_RUNNER said:
What is this hose thingy? Does it bolt on? What's the HP gain? Or is it just for looks?
LOL It is for my Air Compressor...not my car

·
Registered
178 Posts
wild willy said:
LOL It is for my Air Compressor...not my car
LOL.. I thought I missed some major MOD there? I'll calm down now. ;)

Willy... Bought an 03 Honda Civic yesterday. I'm trying to figure out how to bolt it onto my Alti. ? :D

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
SILENT_RUNNER said:
LOL.. I thought I missed some major MOD there? I'll calm down now. ;)

Willy... Bought an 03 Honda Civic yesterday. I'm trying to figure out how to bolt it onto my Alti. ? :D
A Honda....:eek: You are going over to the other side??? How do u like it? My wife had a 95 ...I hated that little bastard. Ran like hell though. Are the new ones any quieter

·
Friends of ours...
1,348 Posts
Speaking of quieter... My wife's 2.5 is fairly loud on acceleration... quiet at cruise.... but you can tell it's a 4 banger. :(

1 - 20 of 42 Posts