Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i have an altima 06 and the "service engine soon" light came up. Is there a recommended tool (cheap of course =P) I could buy to do the reading myself? also i'm trying to find out all the info regarding the car's connector, like if it is OBD-II or not (I think it has 16 pins)
thanks a lot in advance

·
Registered
21 Posts
Pardon the slight thread hijack...but I have a similar question about my wife's 2003 Sentra 1.8. She's got a SES light on, and I just bought a Peake R5/FCR-3-U scan tool for my BMW. Any chance it would plug into a Nissan or would there be an adapter available? I do believe both her car and my '02 BMW are OBD-2 compliant.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pardon the slight thread hijack...but I have a similar question about my wife's 2003 Sentra 1.8. She's got a SES light on, and I just bought a Peake R5/FCR-3-U scan tool for my BMW. Any chance it would plug into a Nissan or would there be an adapter available? I do believe both her car and my '02 BMW are OBD-2 compliant.
Hi, I'm not to sure about it since I never got an answer here, i ended up buying a CReader V OBDII Automotive Scanner and it works great on my car. If both are OBDII compliant then it "should work"

·
Registered
21 Posts
Can you post a link to where you got the reader? I had bought a Peake Research R5/FCX-3-U reader for my BMW, but they don't support codes for a Nissan. That really bothers me because all cars from about 1996-on are OBD-II compliant. :wtf:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts