Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man, my car has been having some problems lately. Anyways, Friday night, I was driving down to Orange County from Riverside down the 91 freeway (for those people who live in Southern California). As I was driving on the freeway going about 70-75, I could feel my engine losing power. At first, I thought my car was hydroplaning because it was raining pretty hard during the time. As I started to switch lanes to the far right, I could feel my engine losing power even more. I finally got to the side of the road and made a complete stop, my car did not want to move anymore, it completely shut off. My lights and radio were prefectly fine, but my car did not go anywhere when I applied some gas. So, I shifted my car into P and took out the keys. A minute later, I tried to start my car and it would not start. Hell, I couldn't even shift gears because it felt like the brakes were locking up. When I tried to start it, the engine light would go off, in addition to the brake light and the battery light. I decided to give my car some time and it started fine 5 minutes later. Anyways, I made it back home safely later on that night and I started my car perfectly fine on Saturday so I'm not exactly sure what is going on with my car. I think that the alternator is going out, but I'm not expert. Do any of you guys have any suggestions on what is going on with my B13? Any time of help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
145 Posts
me too.

My cars been doin a similar thing all weekend. the accessories work fine but the car has had trouble starting. Today the car started but I noticed that even using the remote to lock and inlock, the confirmation horn and lights seemed both quieter and dimmer. What's the deal? I'm about 550 miles from exceeding the factory warranty so maybe I should take it in but i wanna be prepared if they tell me some crazy stuff.

·
Registered
339 Posts
...that sounds like what happened to me on my ex-B12.... the problem was the alternator... i replaced it and problem went out.
Just to make sure, have you guys checked battery voltage? blown fuses?

·
Registered
55 Posts
if it was the altenator u woulndt have any power at all and ur battery would not hold a charge do i dont think its an altenator cuz i just had mine replaced yesterday and the accersories woulndt even come on

1 - 4 of 4 Posts