u do not need to remove either to get a hold or the alternator.
seriously, does that say anything that doesn't fall into the "no sh!t" category? i know how to do it, i just dont have the skill do to it well...hence im a bad mechanic.Haynes Repair Manual: Nissan Sentra '82-'94 said:1. detach the cable from the negative terminal of the battery
2. disconnect the electrical connectors from the alternator
3. loosen the alternator bolts and detach drive belt
4. remove the adjustment and pivot bolts and separate the alternotor from the engine
5. installation is the reverse of removal
6. after the alternator is installed, adust the drivebelt tension.
/\ ahh you understood what i meant!94Sentra Se-R said:LoL dont sound like u cant do it u just wasnt sure how u should do it . But ya i hate changin altenators on these kinds of cars. I did it to my integra and couldnt find no way of takin it out with out the removal of the half shaft so since i didnt have the tools to take it off i said f... it and drove it 50 miles with the altenator hanging at the bottom of the engine bay lol. Gj in finally gettin it done. now hopefully u wont have to do it again