Nissan Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know a place that specializes in rebuilding alternators or just specializes in replacing them? i need to get this bad boy fixed asap. being without a car is teh suck

·
In Ur Threadz - Deleting!
1,906 Posts
Nope...I don't know of any. I think Autozone would be my friend since you need it so quickly.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Radioaktiv said:
autozone rips you a new one

but i guess if you need it now...

i need it installed also, i checked with eurosports and they wanted 400 (tax included) for a new alternator and to install it. it seemed a bit expensive. is it?

·
In Ur Threadz - Deleting!
1,906 Posts
Maybe they charge more since they work on euro-cars i.e. BMW/Mercedes.
lol

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
MrEous said:
Maybe they charge more since they work on euro-cars i.e. BMW/Mercedes.
lol

hehe, well i guess ill go buy a alternator with teh discount at courtesy and attempt to install it myself. woot woot good thing i got my trusty haynes manual

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
sultan said:
make sure you disconnect the battery first. right, robert? ;)

woohoo i just have to hit a button to do that. anyone want to help me with this crap sunday? i will buy lunch

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
well courtesy can get me the alternator for 200 with dne discount (was 250) woot woot. james vick is going to see how much he can get it for and he is going to try to help me. well count me out of the dne meet tomorrow. gotta get this crap fixed. ill be there next time

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
6,079 Posts
get it from autozone.. 200 bux is uber expensive.

·
Registered
37 Posts
get the oem alternator, trust me on this i problably know more about alternators on se-r's than most anyone else on this board. And i can do it for you in about 30 min. (I have replaced my alternator, or removed it for something about 8 times) :cheers:

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
SleepERr said:
get the oem alternator, trust me on this i problably know more about alternators on se-r's than most anyone else on this board. And i can do it for you in about 30 min. (I have replaced my alternator, or removed it for something about 8 times) :cheers:

oem being not the one from the zone being the one from nissan.

is it really that easy to change it? if so i guess i shall whip out the manual and do it tomorrow morning. what tools are needed? just sockets?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts