Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I have an 84 nissan 4X4 z24 and the other day i went to start it and noticed the dome light wasn't on when i opened the door i also noticed the key chime wasn't working but both of these worked as soon as i started the truck...but the volt meter was only reading 12 and it's usually around 14 and the batt light was on.. i also noticed at night the brake lights didn't work until i started the truck...i drove it for a couple of days like this because it never seemed the battery was dying...but finally it did... so i took the alt to auto zone and it passed..but i bought i new one anyway because i didn't know what else it could be...i put the new alt on and it's still doing the same thing...please any help would be appreciated....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi zanegrey...i charged the battery and it started the truck so i guess that means the batt's holding a charge...but if you think it still could be the battery let me know and i'll get it tested....thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hi zanegrey i found out the problem it was one of the fusible links running to the posi part of the batt...i took it and cleaned the connector now its working like a charm...thanks for the help bro

1 - 5 of 5 Posts