Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 91 300ZX non turbo. I was driving the other day, and the alternator went out. I decided to drive it home, by the time I got there the battery was extreemly low, and the car was barely running. Low voltage to all of the electronic stuff I think. I replaced the alternator, and battery. the car starts fine, but still runs poor. I spoke with the dealer and they said that they would have to start trouble shooting by replacing all of the injectors, and then go from there. Sounds like alot of $ on a mabey? Anybody have any experiance, or ideas on this?

Thanx
Bill

·
Banned
3,785 Posts
The injectors would not be damaged by the battery running low. There's something else going on here. Don't waste your money on these guys, walk away.
I've seen cars with bad alternators go down as low as 5 volts on the battery and run just fine, as long as the lights weren't on.
There might be a bad ground somewhere, or some other wire got loosened or pulled when you replaced those 2 things. First thing I would do is see what voltage the alternator is putting out.

·
Registered
54 Posts
♣Zen31ZR♣ said:
The injectors would not be damaged by the battery running low. There's something else going on here. Don't waste your money on these guys, walk away.
I've seen cars with bad alternators go down as low as 5 volts on the battery and run just fine, as long as the lights weren't on.
There might be a bad ground somewhere, or some other wire got loosened or pulled when you replaced those 2 things. First thing I would do is see what voltage the alternator is putting out.
I bet its a ground problem as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts