Nissan Forum banner

E15ET or not?

• Go CA18DE and part out E15ET?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Go E15ET bite the bullet and rebuild?

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • Go GA16DE and screw the rest? (not likely)

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
E15ET Owner
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well guys, after many months of saving and gathering of parts I am almost ready to rebuild the E15ET I aquired over a year ago and get on with the swap, but I am confronted with a large delima. I have been serously debating parting out the swap and investing the profit in a CA18DE swap. This is the swap I wanted in the first place but the old Turbo Pulsar fell into my lap at a decent price. This is an extremely frustrating decision to make as I really like both engines. My main concern is reliablity with performance. I was also considering a GA16DE swap but thats not as appealing as the others. So what do you all say? Old school get up or New age zoom?

·
Ex-mod/nissan guru
2,136 Posts
go E15et, im still all alone with this engine yet !! been 3 years now !! .. someones got to get another one working!! :D

·
E15ET Owner
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well no one voted against the e15et and i have most of the stuff to do it anyways so im gonna go through with it. one question CrazyMart, how much did it cost you to get the step machined off your head for dual valve springs and to have the o-ring installed in your block? i would just like a general idea of pricing.

·
Ex-mod/nissan guru
2,136 Posts
well i bought the head like that... it was a spare head from Blownb310... He had the tool to do it, might still have it taught... if your in the Ny area im sure he could do it for ya for a few bucks... the inner spring is wath costed the most. (around 200$can if i remember right)... As for the oring it costed 325$can exactly and i had the block decked true in the mean time..just to get it cleaned off... thing is that almost no one has the right tool to make the groove on the block (too small cylinders) so i had to have it machined/cnc.. if you ask me, from running my setup and i know its not the safest, and to have got like 30 or so 1/4 miles run on it.. i would have blown the head gasket for sure without the oring!... plus this summer im planning on running 16-20psi so its a must !!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts