Nissan Forum banner

81 - 100 of 169 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Actually he's over here because we ran him out of Altimas.net. Something about incest or animal sex.. I don't know. (heh, heh.. I'm trying to start something, I know).

Hey there JKWright.. How the h--- have you been???

·
Registered
268 Posts
pvick said:
Hey. I post on occasion on the Altimas.net site. Does that make me a knucklehead? I would wager some would say otherwise.. Maybe wild willy for one?

I don't know what this is about..But...What ever pvick says..is ALWAYS correct.

And pvick...Leave my sister and my puppies out of this :cheers:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Careful there, Mr. Wright. I caught some flak when I first joined Altimas.net for making a comment to the affect that perhaps some people might wish to take a course in basic English and written communications.

But just like eating, you are what and how you write. Those who know how to write well are quickly recognized for their inherent ability and are perceived as having a modicum of intelligence and education. Those who cannot or will not ascend to this level will always find fault in those who have.

·
Registered
18 Posts
An 1102 code is your MAF. I have the full printed 4-volume shop manual set and had the same code a week ago Friday. I had to have my MAF replaced. What year is your car and what is the part number of your MAF? Also manufacturer of the part.

·
Registered
268 Posts
You are going to make me go read this entire thread....

Jarrod...where in the hell have you been....?? If I ever find your number in my house...I am going to call you. I know you still have the Altima...Because you have not hit me up for more plugs :)

We miss you and your quick, always funny, always direct...posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hey willy... you have a seester?

Good Lord, Willy JerryJ, Liz.. what's happening? People jumping ship and coming over here?

·
Registered
18 Posts
After having my Frankencar/Apexi intake on my '02 Altima SE for over a year and a half, my original MAF went out last Friday a week ago. I did the backyard mechanic read-the-codes-from-the-blinking-SES-light thing and came up with, what appeared to be, an 1102 code. My shop manual translates this into a MAF problem. And the symtoms were classic MAF. Serious loss of power, poor and jittery idle, fuel cutoff above 2400 RPM. I had a dealer repair the problem this past Wednesday and the receipt confirmed that the code was a MAF failure.

Funny, last Saturday, I bought a MAF from that same dealer to do the install myself. The box had been opened and both the parts man and me were a little skeptical, but I took it home to try it. It was also bad. The MAF which was installed on Wednesday carried the same part number (22680-8J000) as my original and as the failed one I bought to install myself, but is made by Bosch (the failed one I bought was also Bosch).

I'm hoping this one will last, but I won't hold my breath. I did closely inspect the MAF on a 2005 and the portion of the sensor which attaches to the sleeve is different than mine.

·
Registered
268 Posts
pvick said:
Hey willy... you have a seester?

Good Lord, Willy JerryJ, Liz.. what's happening? People jumping ship and coming over here?
Si' Senor...Tengo una hermana.

No ship jumpin....Just visitin

·
Registered
10 Posts
MAF facts

Hey guys,

I'm here too. Isn't that lovely? :)

A few things I've noticed about our wild and wonderful MAFs over the past year-and-a-half reading I've done over at Altimas.net

1) MAF sensor is the identical part between the 2002 Altima 2.5S and 3.5SE (original part # 22680-8J000) as confirmed by the parts list I have for that year's models.

2) 2.5S/SL owners have not seen as great a rate of MAF failures as 3.5SE owners.

3) 3.5SE owners with CAI or WAI intakes have seen a greater number of MAF failurers than those with stock intakes.

4) My original MAF (bad from the factory which I've now confirmed through problem isolation) was 22680-8JE00. This MAF was replaced last August with the Maxima MAF from TSB NTB03-022 part # 22680-AM600 and subsequent performance of the engine was wildly improved. The original MAF had not officially failed, but was throwing some weird numbers to the ECU, causing a myriad of issues.

5) The bulk of the MAF failures seem to be the heating element which receives increased amount of voltage as air volume increases and eventually seems to burn out. I don't believe there have been too many Diode failures (ie. the temperature sensor on the MAF) so far. This theory is supported by the fact that the 4-cylinder models don't see much in the way of failures, likely due to the fact that those engines do not intake as much air.

6) The diode would not be difficult to replace, the heating element would be greatly so.

7) Bosch is now another source for the MAF. Hopefully it's a more rugged design.

I just found an auto wrecker up here in Toronto, Canada that recently got a (right-side) smashed in 2002 Altima 2.5S and I may endeavour to purchase a second MAF from them (as long as it's not 22680-8JE00 Part #) for 157.50 Canadian (about $130.00 U.S.). If I do, I would make that MAF available to any of you for a discounted price (ie. less than I pay for it) if I never need it while I have the Altima 3.5SE, which is going back off lease in September 2005, and will likely not be replaced with another Altima or Maxima).

Anyway, that's my $.02 Cdn (or $.0170 U.S.)

Cheers,

10e

·
Registered
10 Posts
Canadaaaa

blitzboi said:
Nice to see some other canucks on here... what part of t-dot are you in? I'm around mid-town.. Bayview/Eglinton area.
Went to highschool in your area at Leaside, and have friends still around that area. I'm in Scarberia right now, but looking for a closer place to buy sometime this summer.

Which dealer your car coming from?

Regards,

10e

·
Crazy Canuck
220 Posts
10e said:
Went to highschool in your area at Leaside, and have friends still around that area. I'm in Scarberia right now, but looking for a closer place to buy sometime this summer.
Yup, that's me.. Mr. Leaside. I didn't grow up around here, but my grandparents have always lived in this area, so it was like my 2nd home I guess.

10e said:
Which dealer your car coming from?
St. Clair Nissan. I called them today and they said it's been on the train for ten days, so should be in by Tuesday at the latest. They need a half-day to have some co-op flunkie wash and vacuum it (aka PDI) before I can pick it up.. oooh I'm excited!

·
Red line chaser
814 Posts
Finally got me today too. Pulled the code and also got the lovely "1102" MAF code. At least it happened to me while driving instead of to the wife during her commute. Guess it's time to find a sensor.

Ni$$an stealership quoted me $568 for a new one AND $85 to hook up the Consult to diagnose the car. Are they serious? :rolleyes:

·
Red line chaser
814 Posts
Ruben said:
Have already been there. That's where I got the MAF for my VE from. I only paid 50 + shipping then. It was the first place I looked for this MAF sensor and found quite a few, including a kinda local one I can drive to pick up.

Thanks for the heads up. I was curious about putting the above mentioned Maxima MAF sensor in there, but am wondering will it be a direct plug and play swap for the original? If so, that may be the direction I'd like to try. I didn't put an intake on this car just because of trying to avoid a sensor failure as much as possible. Maybe the Maxima sensor isn't as sensitive as the stocker is. Either way, 2400 rpms isn't fun at all.

·
Red line chaser
814 Posts
Update: Ordered new sensor yesterday. Received it today. Car is good to go again. All for waaaaaaaaaaaay under the Nissan suggested retail price.

Thank goodness for the forum and all its info. :thumbup:

·
SE Limited
791 Posts
Subscribed to this thread. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi JKWright

JKWright,
I have a friend that had a Actron tool that read my engine light fault as a P1441. Since you reference these codes in you email, I was wondering if you can help me locate mine fault. I have a 2001 Nissan Sentra.
Thanks!

Mike!

81 - 100 of 169 Posts