·
I HEART GOAT JUICE
330 Posts
Sorry didn't mean to quote you clayk16

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Man, you guys are too nice. I appreciate your kind words.

Coco, to answer your question, I've never written for a periodical. I'm just a guy who takes written communication seriously. As I mentioned elsewhere, when the Altimas.net crowd decided to endorse writing in some bizarre tongue that certainly wasn't English, I knew it was time for me to go. Willy pulled me back from the brink. :D

·
El Chingon
1,752 Posts
JKWright said:
Man, you guys are too nice. I appreciate your kind words.

Coco, to answer your question, I've never written for a periodical. I'm just a guy who takes written communication seriously. As I mentioned elsewhere, when the Altimas.net crowd decided to endorse writing in some bizarre tongue that certainly wasn't English, I knew it was time for me to go. Willy pulled me back from the brink. :D
We saw that coming a long time ago. You've got friends in low places.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Coco said:
Late as always...great post! I'm wondering if Jarrod ever worked for a magazine or newspaper....hmmmm

Yes he did, he used to write for Penthouse Forum....he used too big of words, they had to fire him.

·
Registered
88 Posts
wild willy said:
Yes he did, he used to write for Penthouse Forum....he used too big of words, they had to fire him.
Yeah.. he wrote so much, they had to shrink the pictures.. needless to say that didn't go over to well with Bob Guccione.. ;) :p :D

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Guccione may have been unappreciative of my efforts at his magazine, but he did leave me a parting note mentioning that my Letters were always -- and I'm quoting him directly here, folks -- "technically correct" and "verbose in unique ways."

I loved that note. Framed it and hung it on my wall. Sadly, none of the Pets shared his enthusiasm for me or my writing. The closest I could get was when one of them said I was "goofy-looking in an unsual manner."

And Rat, who in his right mind would ignore a 60-year-old car nut who posts on Internet forums like he was half that age? Speak up, old man! I know you're the guy around here. :p

·
Registered
268 Posts
JKWright said:
And Rat, who in his right mind would ignore a 60-year-old car nut who posts on Internet forums like he was half that age? Speak up, old man! I know you're the guy around here. :p [/B]
Jarrod...You have to speak up, he can't hear you:)

HEY RAT, WAKE UP, SOMEONE IS TALKING TO YOU :p

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
ROTFLMAO. Willy, you told me Rat was nearly 60, not nearly deaf and blind. :D

Come to think of it, I found myself stuck behind a Ruby 3.5 the other day doing 30 mph in the fast lane. I could barely see the driver's little old head when I passed by, as the top of it was about even with the dashboard. Sound about right?

·
Registered
178 Posts
JKWright said:
ROTFLMAO. Willy, you told me Rat was nearly 60, not nearly deaf and blind. :D

Come to think of it, I found myself stuck behind a Ruby 3.5 the other day doing 30 mph in the fast lane. I could barely see the driver's little old head when I passed by, as the top of it was about even with the dashboard. Sound about right?
LOL... Right on the money. ;)

·
Registered
268 Posts
SILENT_RUNNER said:
Since when did you start using "prolly"? And yes he'll get me when I least expect it. ;)

Yeah you're prolly right.....Hide your cheese

·
Registered
268 Posts
Re: prolly

lizzy494 said:
I make one grammatical blunder and look what happens. Post carefully you two, I am on the defensive now. ;)
You will prolly have no trouble catching me....You know I got a dead finger though...So I have an excuse:p

21 - 40 of 169 Posts