Nissan Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

All motor wonders

3K views 37 replies 12 participants last post by  Harris 
#1 ·
what was the highest rated all motor sr20de?? off the bottle and with no boost... I searched on here for a while and didnt find anything..

#6 · (Edited)
NissanNiNjA said:
so i say all motor... and 2 of you come back with turbo stuff..... man... great responses... right on topic...
chill man. if you searched, you'd have a small idea of how many hundred times a month this question gets asked.

you want all motor? i hope you got deep pockets. theres a 2.2L and a 2.4L stroker kit, going for $5,000 and $9,999.00 respectively. count in (minimum) $1500 for headwork/valves/springs/etc. figure close to $700 for all your fuel system upgrades...hell, the list goes on.

*edit, i noticed from your sig "i'll beat you when i have the money"....basically means you probably can't afford an all motor setup.

turbo would cost you ~$4500 to do RIGHT, considering you already have an SR20. you can get up to 400-450 USEABLE horsepower, no super laggy turbo setups,....and then, you could take the rest of that $7,000 or so to upgrade your suspension, wheels, tires, brakes, etc....cause, as pirelli says, Power is nothing without control.
if you go all motor, expect a TOP of ~200hp...and keep in mind only 1 or 2 people have gotten there. most top out around 175-200 whp

my suggestion, do some research here and on sr20forum.com

TONS of SR20 info between here and there.

#7 ·
s'right , dont be a jerk we were just sayin its not worth going all motor, not even spraying. if u bought a stock turbo like a t25 or t28 with the oil liens all ready done for like.. 400 then all u haev to do is drill and tap the block at the 2 designated areas. so 400 bucks and a 100 buck wheel well intercooler to run like 6 pounds and u will actually probebly just sneek past 200hp for under a grand or u can go all out like above and get a awsoem front mount and like uhhh gt3071 turbo for 450 hp

#8 ·
Tavel said:
yeup, SR20DE has a turbo block and internals. all you need to do is get the turbo...probably the easiest engine to turbo...and the turbo is likely easier than going "all motor"
actually your wrong, sr20de has diferent internals dumbass, it wasnt built for turbo so why would it has stuff on there that the sr20det has? the sr20de has a higher compression ratio, doesnt have an oil cooler for the pistons and so forth, so modifying a sr20de to a turbo is not very smart without any modifications, look into it next time

#9 ·
Slacky said:
s'right , dont be a jerk we were just sayin its not worth going all motor, not even spraying. if u bought a stock turbo like a t25 or t28 with the oil liens all ready done for like.. 400 then all u haev to do is drill and tap the block at the 2 designated areas. so 400 bucks and a 100 buck wheel well intercooler to run like 6 pounds and u will actually probebly just sneek past 200hp for under a grand or u can go all out like above and get a awsoem front mount and like uhhh gt3071 turbo for 450 hp
your a dumbass, you cant just drill two holes into the block and leave it like that, its easier to drill from the oil pan, and your pricing is way off so dont say shit you dont know :dumbass:

#10 ·
stroker kit

well, you could reach a very high level of horsepower, if you had the money. i have just recently started a 1997 nissan sentra gxe project, in which i plan to drop in the sr20, and make it all motor, with the bottle. but, to attain the highest amount of all motor horsepower, you will need one thing, a JWT 2.4 litre stroker kit. trust me, that is somethig you must have. if you need a list of all the other parts necessary, just email me.

#11 · (Edited)
the SR20DE does have the same internals as a DET. notice this quote form SE-R.net; " It was decided to make the [turbo] modification without disturbing the stock internals." they reached at least 15psi with stock internals. point proven.

therefore, because the engine is all ready for a turbo, it only makes sense to add the last piece--the turbo. another poster listed the approximate price and results of either pathway, N/A or turbo. i think the choice is obvious.

but then again, there is a certain amount of bragging rights that follow having a fully souped up NA engine.

#12 ·
dude ive only been around nissans for almost 2 years... and you couldnt be more wrong on this... seriously... the Compression ratio is diff.. hence diff internals... the heads are also slightly diff.. not to mention injectors, manifolds, ecu, and others...

but back on topic... so far I have seen a very very well worked sr20de off the bottle make 173 @ wheels... so I think it would be totally possible for 200... but not without a SERIOUS port enlargement job and several other things... basically the cost of it would probably see you sitting in the double digit thousands and thus answering the question I started out with... sr20 or qr25... question answered

#13 ·
I don't see how any of us can compete with a WHOLE almost 2 years worth of nissan tuning :dumbass: . Go do some more research and report back.

#14 ·
NissanNiNjA said:
dude ive only been around nissans for almost 2 years... and you couldnt be more wrong on this... seriously... the Compression ratio is diff.. hence diff internals... the heads are also slightly diff.. not to mention injectors, manifolds, ecu, and others...

but back on topic... so far I have seen a very very well worked sr20de off the bottle make 173 @ wheels... so I think it would be totally possible for 200... but not without a SERIOUS port enlargement job and several other things... basically the cost of it would probably see you sitting in the double digit thousands and thus answering the question I started out with... sr20 or qr25... question answered
by the way, i think the record so far is like 445whp or something on a stock-block SR20DE.....and 539whp on a stock-internal's SR20DET (search on SR20forum.com ... i know its there)

QR25 is gaining in aftermarket support, but definately is NOT a candidate for a super-all-motor setup stock either. the QR is cursed with an incredibly long stroke, because oif this....piston to wall speeds MURDER power at higher than stock RPMs, and 6200rpm is no fun (especially once you've driven an 8500rpm capable 94SE-R with a built SR20 in it :))

you want an all-motor QR25? talk to Travis @ Forced Induction Racing (www.fi-r.com). he was putting together a prototype QR25, basically a shorter stroke, much larger bore, decked block, significant headwork, prototype pistons and rods, all at a cost of nearly $10,000 (if you DIDN'T supply him with the engine to work on)...then figure you need to get it running, which is a trick by itself. engine harness wiring is NOT fun. i've done it once (92 integra w/ a B16 swap).

#15 ·
blk240sxgp said:
actually your wrong, sr20de has diferent internals dumbass, it wasnt built for turbo so why would it has stuff on there that the sr20det has? the sr20de has a higher compression ratio, doesnt have an oil cooler for the pistons and so forth, so modifying a sr20de to a turbo is not very smart without any modifications, look into it next time

actually, i know a number of people that removed the oil squirters from their DET's (2 S13 redtops and one S14 blacktop).
reasonings simple. they add rotational mass, and if the engine is built and tuned properly, there's no need for them. (along the same lines as water/alcohol injection...if the engines built and tuned properly, its not needed. its more of a bandaid for a halfassed job, or for people who are already severely pushing the limits of their motor, and want that extra bit of insurance)
stock SR20DE has a 9.5:1 CR, whereas the DET has 8.5:1 (8.3:1 in the GTiR motors)
the DET head flows a LITTLE bit better, simply because it has larger exhaust ports. headwork on a regular sr20de head would yield the same (most likely better) results.
get off your high horse man. PLENTLY of people simply "add turbo's" to stock SR20's. you have to be smart about it, accept that you probably shouldnt go much above 10-12psi (which should net you nearly 300-320whp depending on tuning) .... you have to upgrade the fuel system, so you don't run lean...you have to tap the oilpan for a oil line for the turbo.

you dont give the SR20 enough credit. cast block, aluminum head....incredibly strong internals for a stock engine. hell, you get some GTiR rods and pistons (slightly beefier than the stock internals), some new journal bearings / main bearings (should be replaced if you're tearing the engine apart anyways)...that alone, maybe spending $600 on parts, you can make that engine capable of handling over 400whp daily, safely.

im sure others will chime in.

#16 ·
blk240sxgp said:
your a dumbass, you cant just drill two holes into the block and leave it like that, its easier to drill from the oil pan, and your pricing is way off so dont say shit you dont know :dumbass:
uh huh, so the oil lines coming of my stock turbo from my det lead to 2 specific areas on my stock se-r block, the same areas that have been drilled out and press with threads on the det block so hmmmm get a stock turbo like from me and buy it for around 400 which happens to be what i would want for it if i got another turbo and made my t28 the back-up and there ya go, boost for cheap

#17 ·
NissanNiNjA said:
so i say all motor... and 2 of you come back with turbo stuff..... man... great responses... right on topic...

Think about it. Who would be stupid to put tons of money going all-motor when you can spend a lot less proportionately to get a lot of power out of forced induction? Having said that, I've seen 200 whp out of an all-motor SR20DE which was tuned by Andreas Miko. Was it streetable? No way, Jose! Was it cheap? Oh hell no! Turbo is the way with the SR motors, period.

Quit arguing and listen, or this thread will be closed and deleted.

#18 ·
dbull a guy in the UK is currently going all out NA looking for 290 HP. He is having a alot done and its being set up for N20, he has said that he may be able to run as much as 150 shots. He will prob be on here at some point. He is currently running 13.9's on his current set up, which is 200+ NA and the N20. I think he will be lookig at 12's if all goes well which is impressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.