Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there!

I am a newbie and I have 3 questions which I hope someone can answer.

1. Is it right to have a wheel and camber alignment if both right front and rear shocks are defective?

2. If my ride is a FWD, is it right to replace my front shocks first (because of budget constraints) then my rear shocks (if i have the money)?

3. Do I really need to replace my shocks in pairs?

Thank you in advance. Your answers will help me make my ride more comfortable.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Hi there!

I am a newbie and I have 3 questions which I hope someone can answer.

1. Is it right to have a wheel and camber alignment if both right front and rear shocks are defective?

2. If my ride is a FWD, is it right to replace my front shocks first (because of budget constraints) then my rear shocks (if i have the money)?

3. Do I really need to replace my shocks in pairs?

Thank you in advance. Your answers will help me make my ride more comfortable.

I don't believe shocks affect alignment. I don't think it matters if your car is FWD or not concerning replacing which shocks first, personally if you car is bouncy as crap replace the rear shocks first because that is where you have most of your bounce. I would definitely replace shocks in pairs, especially the rear, if your shocks are REALLY wore out and you replaced one back shock I could see it possibly making you lose control on a wet road if you hit a hard bump.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't believe shocks affect alignment. I don't think it matters if your car is FWD or not concerning replacing which shocks first, personally if you car is bouncy as crap replace the rear shocks first because that is where you have most of your bounce. I would definitely replace shocks in pairs, especially the rear, if your shocks are REALLY wore out and you replaced one back shock I could see it possibly making you lose control on a wet road if you hit a hard bump.
Sir Campground Man, thank you for the answers. My last question is, if I was not able to change my shocks immediately will there be parts that may be affected? Or should I say will there be part/s that will worn out due to defective shocks?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts