Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
:newbie:

Hi...so i was just wondering if anyone could help me out here. So I have a 2004 Nissan Sentra SE 1.8L, I live in Alaska and its winter out so its cold??! Its the temps been around 15-20, so its pretty somewhat warm outside. I've been having problems starting it and I've had it plugged in for about 2-3 hours and it still doesn't want to start. I took it to the shop for the same problem and they replaced the fuel filter, plugs, and changed the oil. And it ran pretty well after that. I've had it last winter and had no block heater nothn, added Heet, to the tank every other time i gassed it up and even in below zero weather it started fine. I even left it for a month in below 0 weather and it started just fine.

So i guess my questions are why won't it start now in the "warmest" temperatures, and its been plugged in for how many hours and still won't start(even though i haven't pressed down on the gas before)???? :fluffy:

·
Registered
2018 Nissan Pathfinder SL
4,237 Posts
Is it possible its flooded ?
When you say plugged in do you mean a block heater ?
Or battery charger ?
If its flooded make sure the battery is charged up fully, then press the gas pedal and hold it down to the floor, then turn the key and crank, keep cranking, when it starts release the pedal.
give it a try.
good luck......

·
Registered
2018 Nissan Pathfinder SL
4,237 Posts
Moderator please move to QG18 section.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts