Nissan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stupid me, I installed my stereo and had the ignition on while the airbag OFF/ON light (not the switch) was unplugged and now the airbag light is flashing.

I have heard of the door pin 5 (or 8) times trick, but it doesn't work on my truck. The dealer wants to charge me $60 to reset it (and keep the truck all day!!).

Anyone know of any other way to reset the flashing airbag light on a 2002 Nissan Frontier KC 4-cyl?

Thanks

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SlowestRice said:
Is the AirBag control box pluged back in? If so reset the ECU yourself.
Chris, the airbag control box was never unplugged. In my truck (and most trucks) there is a switch to turn the passenger airbag off and on (that stayed plugged in) and there is a light telling you whether or not the airbag is active or not (this is the only thing that was unpluged, just a warning light).

Everything is plugged back in, but I don't know how to reset the light. Do you have instrucitons on how to do this?

(You are correct, unhooking the battery -- even for 1+ hours, doesn't work -- tried it)

·
I'm all bling bling now.
369 Posts
ok have you found the ECU? If it is like my Sentra or any of the cars that I know of. It should be located on the floor by your feet between the driver and passenger. Should have a cover with 4WD on it. If you locate it remove all you can to get to it. Take the ECU, unbolt it from the floor, and try to turn it around. Do not unplug it. Turn your ignition key to the on poistion, but not running. Take a screw driver and turn the set screw till it stops the other direction. hold for 2 seconds and return. You check engine light should be blinking a # of blinks. Do the same thing again for 2 seconds and release and it should stay normal. then turn your ignition on and it should go away.

Now I am not sure if your ECU is in the same place so let me know if its not.

·
Registered
145 Posts
That is a procedure for reseting the SES light not the airbag light.

I think you might have to make a trip to the dealer. I would just wait a few days and just tell them that it came on while you were driving. Then you are covered under warranty. Make no mention of it happing after the stereo swap and you should be home free. I bet if you drop in on your salesman, he can "get you taken care of" too.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's what it sounded like. My "salesmen" probably would be of little help. It only took him 2 months just to get me the window sticker that I should have had when I picked up the truck.

Oh, and he forgot to call me and tell me my plates were in too. It is just hard to take your car into the dealer when you don't have a ride. I guess I will take 10 hours worth of reading material :(

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I called one and told them what I did (after they told me they would need the truck all day to evaluate it) and they said sure, bring it in, it will only cost $60.

So now I'm going to play "dumb" with another dealer.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts