Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - I have an '07 Altima and recently my air vents have not been blowing air out when on the highest setting. When I start my car everything works fine. Then after being in the car for a while the vents gradually stop blowing air. It sounds as if the vents should be blowing hard - but no air comes out. The air is cold, vents are cold to the touch....just no air. Any suggestions what might be the issue? Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I have the same issue with our '09 Altima S. I have replaced the 2 blower motor fuses, the blower relay, the blower motor, and the ventilation controls on the dash. Still happens. I ran it at idle for 2.5 hours and the vents had air blowing out of them the whole time. But, when the vehicle is driven, the air movement stops after a while (according to my daughter). Are the vents controlled by vacuum? Any ideas on what the cause may be?

·
Sup Mod keeping the peace
7,020 Posts
The heating/AC box vents are electrically controlled. A small network is constructed between the front air control, mode door motor, air mix door motor and intake
door motor. The front air control and motors are connected by data transmission lines and motor power supply lines. The LAN network is built through the ground circuits of each door motors. Addresses, motor opening angle signals, motor stop signals and error checking messages are all transmitted through the data transmission lines connecting the front air control and each door motor.

Also you need to know if your system is manual or automatic (climate controlled) as the diagnostic trouble shooting procedure are different.

The reason I described the system is because to diagnose the system properly, you need to have a copy of the FSM (factory service manual). You can download a copy of the FSM from this web site: https://diyservicemanuals.com/. The section HAC.PDF is the one you need to read.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The heating/AC box vents are electrically controlled. A small network is constructed between the front air control, mode door motor, air mix door motor and intake
door motor. The front air control and motors are connected by data transmission lines and motor power supply lines. The LAN network is built through the ground circuits of each door motors. Addresses, motor opening angle signals, motor stop signals and error checking messages are all transmitted through the data transmission lines connecting the front air control and each door motor.

Also you need to know if your system is manual or automatic (climate controlled) as the diagnostic trouble shooting procedure are different.

The reason I described the system is because to diagnose the system properly, you need to have a copy of the FSM (factory service manual). You can download a copy of the FSM from this web site: https://diyservicemanuals.com/. The section HAC.PDF is the one you need to read.
Hi Rogoman, thanks for the quick reply. It is manual system input using the controls shown below.

Marc.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts