Nissan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,
Can you point me to the air release valve for our cooling systems?
We do have one, right?

Man, I need to buy a Chilton this week.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I looked for it last night but didn't see it. I'll just have to move some wires and hoses around.

I have one more question :
I took out my AC unit and I need a new radiator fan assembly. I can just buy the assembly that's made for "w/o AC", right? Or do I still have to buy the fan assembly for AC? Stupid question, but I don't know if there's some kind of little detail in the wiring or something that I don't know about.

·
off topic VIP
388 Posts
u dont have to touch the fan assembly, just remove the A/C compressor relay, assuming u have removed the misc hardware already. Keep the A/C dash switch. it can still operate the aux fan when u need extra cooling capacity.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
the air release on the GA16i is on the front of the block to the left of the distributor.

for the fan check out OEM Surplus Parts At Giveaway Prices! I bought the complete 2 fan unit from them for like $54 delivered brand new in the box

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Found it! Thanks for the replies. Found a fan locally too. Mine had died.
I'm going to check out the oemsurplus anyways for some other parts.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
no problem, anything else just ask.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Woah, dude! That OEM Surplus is awesome! It's like rummaging
through a time capsule of Nissan Parts. Amazing. Thanks for
that link. There were so many little things that I didn't think I'd
ever be able to find new. I'm shocked.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
I know, I've gotten my distributor, dual cooling fans, sport coupe door panels and all new seat cushions from them, and a new carpet. Ask for Norman if you e-mail for an prices.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts