Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Boost anyone?
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to know which is the cheapest and most efficient intake out there on the market for my 96 GXE. I heard good things about the Hotshot CAI which I seen for $215, plus 5 horsepower. Is there anywhere I can get this one for less.

·
Banned
809 Posts
hmmm 215, man that bites, Here, ill let you in on MY secret, haha,

http://www.rollhard.com/placeracingintakes.htm

that place can hook you up for 185$.. something close to that. and that is cold air intake, Which is the best, and most efficient setup for our cars. because WAI/HAI all suck in dirty hot engine air, while CAI breathes in dense, strong, CLEAN air, so you will probably get better emissions, this is expecially good, if you get HS headers, because you are taking off one of the catylic converters. lol, we gotta keep this planet alive...

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
6,079 Posts
is this intake better than the injen intake? or is it about the same cuz i plan on gettin injen with a steel filter

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
6,079 Posts
what is the difference between INJEN cold air and HOT SHOT cold air? are ther difference in the power and sound?

·
Banned
809 Posts
well, bigger isnt always better, its how you use it.. for example.. if you have bigger piping for a CAI, there will be max suction.. but beacuse the MAF throddle body is like
o
and the tubing would be like
O.. the MAF wouldnt be able to use all the suction power.. so you see, if you have a 2.25 tubing, you would actually get better performance.. so i would say go with the HS

·
in^3,N20,RPM,PSI
4,652 Posts
Niss200SXGTR said:
well, bigger isnt always better, its how you use it.. for example.. if you have bigger piping for a CAI, there will be max suction.. but beacuse the MAF throddle body is like
o
and the tubing would be like
O.. the MAF wouldnt be able to use all the suction power.. so you see, if you have a 2.25 tubing, you would actually get better performance.. so i would say go with the HS
?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts