Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,
I'm new here. I've been slowly working on an 89 sport coupe for a while now. Has anyone put an air intake on their b12? Got any advice? Problems I might run into?

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
no one makes a air intake for the GA16i engine, the few I have seen have been home made,

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I sketched out a couple designs and then came to the conclusion that I'm just going to leave the engine stock for now and work on my exterior. One thing at a time. :)

Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
someone that I used to know on this site made their ow, he used a pc. of metal cut out to sit on top of the TB and used a few of the existing screws to anchor the metal plate down to the TB, than he picked up a cheap intake tube for a honda I think from e-bay, he had the intake pipe cut on an angle and welded to the plate, than he used a coupling another section of pipe and a cone filter. I bought a K&N Apollo enclosed cone filter to use on my car, link below,

K&N Apollo Universal Cold Air Intake Systems

I plan on making the same style adapter as I described above and mounting the Apollo filter where the stock battery is, than I'm going to relocate the battery to the trunk.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts