Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1994 Nissan Sentra XE with a 1.6l engine. Just recently when I turn on the air conditioner it only blows on setting number 4. No air comes out on settings 1-3 even though I can hear the fan in the engine turn on. Any suggestions on what can be causing this and what the remedy would be.

·
Driver
736 Posts
I don't remember exactly, but I know the fix is replacing a blown(resister/fuse/forget the name) that goes in the actual dial if you take the HVAC panel apart. Sorry I'm not too clear, hopefully someone else knows what it's called.

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
6,079 Posts
A/C on = Engine Lose Power

i have a problem with my A/C. Sometimes when i turn on my A/C on level 2 , sometimes my car feels like it losed power. and sometimes it just wants to die on me. As soon as i turn the A/C off everything is fine. does any one know what problems it might have?

·
Tuner/Mechanic
266 Posts
as for the first problem, its the blower resistor. as for the second one, adjust your cam timing up a little with the a/c on full blast until it doesn't die. this will give you more power when your a/c is off, and keep it running with your a/c on. you will burn a little bit more gas though.

·
Registered
674 Posts
The resistor for the fan speeds is right behind the glovebox. There is 4 screws holding the glovebox on and 2 screws holding the latch. When you get the glovebox out look for a electrical harness running to the resistor. There are 2 silver screw holding it in place. It goes into the heater box from the bottom. After taking out the screws and disconnecting the harness connector, just slide it out. When you get it out it is shaped like a credit card. You will see on the resistor where it burned up. A real simple fix and a common problem. The resistor shouldn't be more than 20 bucks. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Does anyone know where I can find the procedure for replacing the A/C compressor, its clutch, and the drier? Mine are needing to be replaced and I've not found anything on the archives or sentra.net. Any other ideas? Or has someone done this that can tell me what I need to do?

·
Sentra Flogger
108 Posts
Done what? Bump up the timing? I got a gun (timing)..."
so, where does one acquire a timing gun to begin with? how much do they run and is it worth the investment? are there places you can have it done (for a fee or not)?

thanx...

·
PB JELLY TIME!
1,484 Posts
Thats quite funny, this just happend to me today, I only get air on the 4th setting. Ill be doing what has been said in the post, thanks a lot guys!

·
Registered
674 Posts
Re: A/C on = Engine Lose Power

LIUSPEED said:
i have a problem with my A/C. Sometimes when i turn on my A/C on level 2 , sometimes my car feels like it losed power. and sometimes it just wants to die on me. As soon as i turn the A/C off everything is fine. does any one know what problems it might have?
Is it an automatic? I worked on a 96 Sentra today with the same problem. I checked timing and base idle and it was good. Put the a/c on and put it in gear with your foot on the brake and have someone tap on the aac motor and see if the idle gets better. If it does you have a bad aac motor.

·
PB JELLY TIME!
1,484 Posts
I just took the credit card thingy out, and I see there is something on there that looks quite burned (or something) its the only thing there and its kinda small compared to the card. Where do I get one of these to replace? Do I replace the whole card or what do I do now?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts