Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I mod the air box on my 1987 TBI XE Sport Coupe. I want to install a strut bace. So, how do I fix al the things that come into the old air cleaner box? Help is on the way. Great forums and users.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
This is what i did with my E16i. All i did is cut around the outside of the fiter seal, I redid the p.c.v. hose so that it runs from the p.c.v. valve to the right side of the v.c. instead of the left side which is the way it should have been done in the first place so there's not as much hose running all over the place, and i put a breather filter on the left side of the v.c. acting basicly the same way as the old filter inside the now nonexsistant air box, except now instead of having extra crankcase vapors sucked back into my engine and leaving an oily residue on the inside of the throttle body the vapors get vented to the atmosphere.(not very environmentally friendly, but oh well)and i don't have to worry about my engine trying to burn a $h!tload of oil if my p.c.v. valve fails again. Repaint top and bottom of new "air box" to keep it from rusting. You will also have to screw in a plug where your AIV pipe goes into your manifold and plug the vacuum line for the AIV vacuum motor. Now you can enjoy the sound of a healthy breathing engine and i don't have to worry about clearance for my strut tower brace. To see pics click on
My Car
V
V
V
V
V

·
Soon to be GA16it
444 Posts
Hey minute rice...What is the brand of your strut brace? I think it will clear my custom intake.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
I'm not sure what brand it is, but I got it here . I had to do a small amout of cutting to get it to fit as you can see in my pics. and had to move the connector for the wiper motor. I expected having to do things like this since the bar was so inexpensive.

·
Registered
644 Posts
minute rice sentra said:
This is what i did with my E16i. All i did is cut around the outside of the fiter seal, Now you can enjoy the sound of a healthy breathing engine and i don't have to worry about clearance for my strut tower brace. To see pics click on
My Car
V
V
V
V
V
what did you use to cut the housing?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts