Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I'm new here and had some questions for you guys. I have an old 99' Nissan Sentra Automatic and my problem(s) are:
1. I just replaced the starter on my car, and when I go to start it up it sounds like the starter is working hard to crank over the motor. The car hadn't been started in over a month and was just sitting there waiting for me to fix the starter. Could it be that it's hard to start because it has been sitting around for a long time? Or are there other possible problems?

2. The AC controls only turns on when I switch it to number 4 and blows on high. 1,2, & 3 dont work or gets the AC to turn on only when it's switched to 4 in turns on and blows cold air.

·
Nissan Technician
826 Posts
1 - You might have a weak battery since you haven't started it in a long time.

2 - Your blower motor resistor needs replacing. Look under the glovebox. It will have a wide connector going to it. Remove it and then remove the 2 small screws holding the resistor in place.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I replaced the battery with the starter at the same time. When I start it up I can hear the starter kick in and spin then the motor slowly starts to turn and starts.

·
Registered
2018 Nissan Pathfinder SL
4,244 Posts
charge the battery
if that doesn't do it check your battery terminals and all conections

1 - 4 of 4 Posts