Nissan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok....this mite be the wrong forum for this thread....but well....mine's a b12....anyways.....today in the mornin i started my car up.....was warming it up.....after about 5 min....i realized i needed to get something out of the trunk....so i turned the car off.....nd u kno how u can only open the trunk w/ the key.....anyways....i opened it and got wat i needed and closed it......little did i know that the key broke off....yep....all i got left with was the stub attached to my keychain....i realized it when i went to start the car off to leave..... :dumbass: ....nd i dont have a replacement.... :dumbass: (again).....anyways.....how hard and how costly is it to get a replacement key?....or to take the old key out of the trunk lock?......thx in advance

·
B12 Enthusiast
844 Posts
if you can get the old key out of the lock, It shouldn't be a big deal to get another made as long as all of the cuts are on the piece that actually broke off.

if you take the lock off of the car, will probably be a lot easier to deal with.

Make sure you spent the extra $2 and get yourself at least 2 extra keys for safe keeping . :thumbup:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Ok..get some Krazy Glue..the stuff that bonds instantly..and get a popsickel stick..glur the tip of the stick to the flush break of the key..Even though it says only like 30 seconds..put pressure on it for about two minutes to make sure it's fully bonded. Then Pull..it should work ;) Hope it helps.

-Tobin

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
haha sorry to dissapoint you alchemy......but i called the owner....nd asked him if he had another copy.....he said he did but it was lost.....so i pleaded him to look for it....nd luckily he found it......so i'ma make like 20 copies nd keep em in my piggy bank.....jk.....well.....actually....i got aftermarket locks for the 2 doors and trunk....APC ones w/ the round key....and well.....i'm just gonna use the "real" key for the ign........thx anyways.....wow....the popsicle idea didn't even come to mind.....haha....but i just took apart the trunk lock...(more like rip apart).....and got the piece out.....thx anyways guys......

·
Registered
31 Posts
Glad you got it out in the "Conventional" way :p Actually that Popsical idea came from talking to Craig Lieberman (Consultant on both of "The Fast and the Furious" Movies(He chose the cars and did all the work and ideas for them)) on the topic.

-Tobin

·
Registered
87 Posts
aw ... it woulda been comical to see u post , " well theres no luck gettin the key out now , broken glued popsicle stick stuck in the hole" :p

1 - 12 of 12 Posts