Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
350Z vs. well.... ALL OF YOU

one guy proves a point and everyone flips out...

A lot of you had a good argument, others were dead wrong.
Timbo said, "he'll drown out my cars growl with his car stereo"
He is also unaware that Car Stereo is my place of expertise...

hey Timbo, I'll gather up all my Slapshow.com SPL trophies (1st&2nd place) and take pictures next to my new Z...
umm, when your running 1800 W to 2 Memphis 12"s and get over 150 dB, well... then, you'll be in my league..

others said the 350 Z will be used by homos to go to tropical clubs! HAHAHA... when people can't afford cars they say stuff like,
"people that drive porches are gay"
"he got that car b/c he has a small D*ck"
"he'll be burdened with high insurance"
BLAH BLAH BLAH

The only person that gets any respect from me is the guy that posted the many 1/4 mile times... They were actually really impressive... BUT, i know 100% they were not stock
the Z comes stock with numbers similair, just wait till we get exhaust, turbo, upgraded clutch, intake, intercoolers etc. etc. etc.

One person said he could beat my $30,000 car with his car (including $20,000) in mods... STUPID STUPID STUPID
first off, my car will cost me $26,800
secondly, I'ts BRANDNEW!
third, I wont see low lifes driving the same car as me (like i did with my b 14)
fourth, the Z is one of the most prolific cars of the 90's
when you think of sports cars of the 90's, you think Mazda RX-7, Toyota Supra, and Nissan 300 ZX...
fifth, try selling your "modified" car for close to what you paid, you could put $20,000 into a $5,000 car and maybe get $13,000 for it.. 1991 300ZX turbos sell for around $12,000 and they are 12 years old!!!
my 200 SX might be worth $4,000 and its 5 years old

Umm, anyone else wants to be proved wrong, or belittled, please feel free to reply with some smart ass, or pointless sentence, or paragraph (if you know how to produce one)
damn, i just re-read this, and it fully backs up the statement my English teacher said to me, "john, you one of the smartest kids I have ever met, Im convinced that you have an I.Q of a genuis"

That wasn't anything new for me to hear, I know i got my shit together for an 18 yr. old . . . .

·
Banned
809 Posts
who says we cant afford them. all the money i save on my low payments, i could get a gay 350 Z as well.. but i dont want to waste the money. in my opinion.. a 350Z wont stand up to anything that is acutally UNique.. like farrari (SP-CHK) porsche, lamborgini's.. hell NSX's!. then again, i could be wrong, i dont really care, a car is a car, if it gets you from point A- to point B, then it serves its purpose. If you can beat everyone from a- b, then you are lucky, and a risk taker.. in hoston, you cant speed much no more.. so im probably going all SHOW on my car.. i honestly think my car looks nicer than a 350G

Oh yea. the 350 Z is in its first generation. my 200 is in its like 3rd.. they have went through all the bugs and nicks and crannys and made my car perfect... the 350 is just still brand new.. not tested enough.. and too much$..

oh well.. have fun with your car

·
Registered
205 Posts
Well, if your purpose of this post was to increase your personal view of yourself, I certainly hope you have succeeded in your own eyes because unfortunately it has done nothing but lower my personal opinion of you and your attitude towards others. It doesn't take any one of any intelligence to see this. I feel I must reply to a few of your comments though as in a small way I felt I was initially defending you and tried to make as little of a confrontational reply as possible the first time.

"he'll be burdened with high insurance"
Although I did make this comment (not in exact words but the same meaning), the statement is true...VERY true, the fact that you brought it up in this 'repost' (I'd be surprised if this doesn't get locked in the next few hours) shows that you have not yet checked insurance prices on this car. Some people don't do this normally till after they have decided on the car, sadly enough it is usually the least respected item on a car buying list when it should be just as important in choosing the car. I made this comment strictly because the amount of money you will spend on the insurance during the time the car is financed will probably be around $6000-$7000 and if you have a bad driving record, it will most definately be more. The reasons why this number is so high is because the car is a first year model, the insurance company has nothing but the manufacturers reputation on first year models to judge various 'driving issues' and the avg way it is driven by the public, so they jack the rate and it gets slightly lower each year the car is on the market. Then you have to consider the fact that it's a 2 seater, it has a high output V6, it's two doors and the fact that everyone considers it a sports car. All of that alone nearly triples the insurance over the sentra/200 or civic, or a grocery getting subaru and so on. This comment was not intended to be put in the catagory of 'you have a small d*ck' and in a small way I'm insulted that you saw it like that.

my 200 SX might be worth $4,000 and its 5 years old
The current quote of all online auto sales of a 97 200sx se-r is averaging about $8500-$9000, use that 'high IQ'you think so highly of yourself for having and get those fat fingers typing in the web address if you think I'm wrong. This number was pulled based on sales in my area, so it may vary very slightly (higher OR lower) depending on your area's sales.

And as far as your stereo is concerned...I'd be willing to bet my daddy can beat up your daddy....errr...wait, I slipped and lowered myself to your level. I defended you once, this is a warning, next time I will chew you up and spit you out with your own 'high IQ'. Thank you for reading.

to the moderators, I am sorry for this post, this guy seriously needs to be removed and banned or something with his current attitude, it's destroying the flow and community here.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
YOU SAID THEY ARE OVERPRICED!?!?!?!
HAHAHAHA
ummm, what else are you gonna get for $26,800 ?
290 HP, 6 speaker Bose system, brandnew car, with warranty, and the prestige of a Z...
maybe i won't get a Z and i'll just buy 6 cars just like yours...
AND HOW THE HELL CAN YOU CALL A NISSAN 350 Z GAY?!?!
man man man, you are mislead, and the epitome of JEALOUSY
by the way, since you cant afford a mansion, and a yacht, and yearly admission to a golf club... are they gay too???
thats an easy way out... calling shit that is out of your league gay...
if you had the opporitunity, you would trade your POS for a Z in a heartbeat

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
first of all, my insurance is $130 monthly, Im almost 19 with a squeeky clean driving record...
secondly, you claimed i was fat, haha, you said something about my "fat fingers" HAHAHA
actually buddy, im 5'10 and 145... that is far from fat

·
Registered
205 Posts
Im almost 19 with a squeeky clean driving record
19 with a brand new 350z...you seriously need to check the insurance prices on this car, you will no doubt pay more a month on insurance than you will on the payments. This is not intended to be an insult in any way, it is the truth. If you have the money to make those kind of payments, then I congratulate you and wish you luck, otherwise I'd wait till I were 25 or older before looking at a car with a naturally high insurance rate, it will be less than half of what you're going to pay for it now. I know you're thinking I'm trying to get you to see my point, I'm not, I'm trying to get you to see the point of that probe the insurance company is going to stick up your ass when you apply for insurance. And clean record or not I would be very surprised if you could get financed for that kind of money and 'investment' (they consider age on loans and I doubt you have 26k to dump on a car, although that's possible) and getting the insurance once it IS financed will probably be even more difficult. The fact that you keep dancing around checking the insurance shows you're a bit scared to find out the truth, I got really curious and called an insurance agency where a friend works and had them do a general quote on a 18 year old male with a perfect driving record....you're going to be extremely shocked at what you're going to pay.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Niss200SXGTR, i didnt know you had a SKYLINE!!!
oh wait, thats just a b-14 with $1.50 GT-R EMBLEM!!!
HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA
way to go, your so cool
damn, if you lived near by, i would love to race you, but, i'll make the race fair, and only go into second gear

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
actually, i have NO CREDIT
my dad is co-signing for me. needless to say, he has perfect credit...
payments over 6 years are 333.82 a month, with my downpayment.
and insurance is $130-$150 a month w/ full coverage (which i need b/c it is not paid for in full)
umm, maybe somone didnt tell you but a major factor in insurance price is location... if you had any kinda common sense you would have known that...
thats a whopping grand total of close to $500 a month...
the truth is, if i wanted 3 350 Z's i could afford them

·
Registered
674 Posts
I think people forget that the new Z is just as quick as the old Z and it is all motor. I think that is somewhat impressive. I don't understand why people are "dogging" on the new Z. It is WAY cheaper than the 90's Z and with more goodies. As far as other makes and models go, you tell me what is more bang for the buck. Honda's S2000? Maybe Acura's NSX. How about Toyota's Celica GTS or MR2? Suburu WRX. Come on. The Z is a nice ass ride. I think there will be one in my driveway. I will always own a Nissan. They have never let me down. I love Nissans and believe in Nissan. Just MY own thoughts.

·
Registered
205 Posts
You also failed to mention that the insurance is going in your dad's name as well (yes, he finances you're secondary on the loan which means it's HIS insurance) and I'd be willing to bet that you're being listed as an 'occasional driver'. And yes, location has a lot to do with it but the difference is very little. Now that there is a little more info out in the open, it appears that your dad is getting the car and letting you drive it until you've payed it off...we earned our cars, mine's payed off and my insurance is $330 a year soooo, have fun working your butt off through college (with the IQ you claim you have, it'd be a shame to waste it by not going to college) while paying $500 a month on insurance and a car....or is your dad paying for all of that too?

I think people forget that the new Z is just as quick as the old Z and it is all motor. I think that is somewhat impressive. I don't understand why people are "dogging" on the new Z. It is WAY cheaper than the 90's Z and with more goodies. As far as other makes and models go, you tell me what is more bang for the buck. Honda's S2000? Maybe Acura's NSX. How about Toyota's Celica GTS or MR2? Suburu WRX. Come on. The Z is a nice ass ride. I think there will be one in my driveway. I will always own a Nissan. They have never let me down. I love Nissans and believe in Nissan. Just MY own thoughts.
It is a nice car, I wouldn't mind having one myself but the thing is, it's not the car he's going to be driving, it's his attitude about the whole situation and the slamming of the cars in this forum that has everyone up in arms (check the locked post he had from earlier in the week to see where this started). If I were to ever decide to buy one (and before john200sx screams 'you can't afford it' or whatever, I can drop the cash on the table and walk out with the car if I so chose to but I don't want it, I like my 200sx) I would keep my 200sx strictly because I love this car and tinkering with it is a helluva lot of fun in my opinion.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just gotta intervene here...

"who says we cant afford them. all the money i save on my low payments, i could get a gay 350 Z as well.. but i dont want to waste the money. in my opinion.. a 350Z wont stand up to anything that is acutally UNique.. like farrari (SP-CHK) porsche, lamborgini's.. hell NSX's!. then again, i could be wrong, i dont really care, a car is a car, if it gets you from point A- to point B, then it serves its purpose. If you can beat everyone from a- b, then you are lucky, and a risk taker.. in hoston, you cant speed much no more.. so im probably going all SHOW on my car.. i honestly think my car looks nicer than a 350G"

The 350Z isn't of supercar status...like Ferrari's, Lambo's, Porsche's. Those cars cost a lot more money than you could buy a Z for...hell, you want to buy a new Ferrari? I don't think they even sell a model under $100,000. The Z is a great car at a great price in my opinion. You can't compare it to the World's best sports cars, it's not fair...they're in a total different class.

"Oh yea. the 350 Z is in its first generation. my 200 is in its like 3rd.. they have went through all the bugs and nicks and crannys and made my car perfect... the 350 is just still brand new.. not tested enough.. and too much$.."

The engine being used in the Z is the same as in the new Maxima and Altima. So it's not like it's brand new...the engine is just tuned differently to produce more power. Yea, it's going to have it's problems, but most likely(I'm not too positive on this subject) everything will be covered under warranty. And I wouldn't say they got everything perfect with the GA16DE...you know why? Because nothing is perfect...and if it was, why would people be modding it? And for what you get, I think the 350Z is priced properly. Not to mention...in a year or so, you can pick up a used one for even cheaper.

Anyway...John, congrats on your new car. I'm jealous...haha, I'd love to have one, the more I look at them...the more I like. My only gripe with them is the back end, but honestly...I'm not too fond of the back end on any of Nissan's current cars...but whatever. Have fun with it...can't wait till I can afford a nice new car.

I've been going through some issues with my 200 lately... I've just realized how slow my car is, how restricted they made the engine. It's good on gas though, so I guess that's cool. But I came to conclusion that I don't feel it's worth it for me to mod my car that much at all. I rather save the money and buy a new car earlier on instead of spending it on stuff that really isn't worth it, in my opinion. If you have the money, and if you want to...that's fine. But I'm not going to have this car forever...it's my first car and I just thought it was the best car for what I needed right now. And it is...I'm just overthinking this too much, I got to stop...I'll get my sports car later on in life, when I've got the cash.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i want to send out a big thanks to:
BORNGEARHEAD & STEVESXSE
you see my point

I would also like to address the whole insurance thing. It will be in my name, and when someone co-signs for a loan, it does not make them the main driver of a car... you have a lot of input for someone who knows so little...
and yes, i do pay for ALL MY EXPENSES
ofcourse, i still live at home and dont pay rent but, i never ask my dad for:
gas money
insurance money
food money
etc etc etc

also, my 200 SX is paid off and in my name as well

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
No problem man. I'm not trying to get involved in this flame war...just wanted to respond to that post and voice my opinion.

Anyway...I think it's going to be interesting to see how everything pans out. I wonder how the Z is going to do, how the aftermarket will be....how other car companies could respond if sales on the Z are really good. I mean, Nissan is bringing back their sports car...I'm almost positive Mazda has a new rotary sports car coming out sometime in the future, is it the RX8? And I've seen a concept pic of the new Supra. The 300ZX, Supra, RX7...etc. were some of the nicest cars ever and are the big boys of the import scene(all my opinion). I'd love to see some more companies bringing back their sports cars, and have the opportunity to own one someday.

Oh yea, John...what color are you going to get?

And here's a pic of the concept Supra...not sure if anyone has seen it or not, but whatever. I like it...although the front spoiler and some other stuff could use some tweaking, but it's only a concept.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
hell yeah,
I 100% AGREE WITH THE SUPRA, RX-7, 300ZX
being the sports cars of the decade...
man, maybe we were seperated at birth... hahaha
anyways, Im getting Daytona Blue or Silverstone

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I really like the blue, I think it looks real good on the new Z. Although the silver is nice too, I just think the blue is more unique.

I still have the thought in the back of my mind that I should try some of those car auctions with reposessed goverment vehicles and get a sweet car for dirt cheap...that is, if what I've heard so far about those things is true. Seems kind of too good to be true though.

·
Banned
809 Posts
in 2004, im gettin the supra VVT-TT. it will cost about 40 G.. and it can OWN your 350 G. so watch out. actually, i think almost every member on this board hates you now.. You downtalk all of our cars.. even though you own one yourself. and your 19?! good luck getting insurance.. i am willing to say no less than 500 a month, for a BRAND new car in YOUR name FULL coverage... and yes young one, it has to be FULL.

oh well. all i know is my Supra will own your 350G..

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
6,079 Posts
john200sx ,

you need to really grow up. People have alot of different taste and what not. dont be going around in here posting shit and causing flames! GREAT WONDERFUL ! Your 19 and got a 350 Z.. so what.. quit braggin. think about it .. who puttting the down.. who makin the payments. do u live on ur own? do u hafta pay bills.. i dont think so.. so why dont u just move out of your parents home and live life the HARD way like most of us. Why dont u try paying apt rents , gas bill , electric bill , phone , and internet. adding on to you gas money , car payments , etc.

think.

dont even bother responding me becuase i am here 2 what people hafta say about owning the car and mofiyin the car they have themself.

not about some immature 19 year old braggin about his brand new 350 Z that his parents are probably helping him pay.

thank you for your time..

moderators. please lock this thread.

THanx.

E-Shei Liu
LIUSPEED PRO TUNING

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Will ya stop messing with the Z! 350 Z, not G! And no, G doesn't stand for "gAy!". So shush...you own a Nissan, don't rip on them, it's not cool...lol.

Anyway, I don't think everyone here hates him. Hate is a very strong emotion. I don't hate anybody really...especially someone on the internet who I barely even know. So just calm down...this is all very stupid.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.