Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do I need to do to install an aftermarket steering wheel in my car. The steering wheel I'm putting in doesn't have an airbag, but the stock steering wheel does and I need to know how to get it out without blowing the airbag. I have a 2001 Sentra SE. And where can I get a hub that will allow me to put the aftermarket steering wheel in? I ordered a quick release hub off of E-Bay, but somebody told me that its not gonna work in my car because there's nothing to lock onto the steering rod.

·
Powered By hopes & dreams
8,328 Posts
as far as I know there are no aftermarket hubs for aftermarket steering wheels.

imo there are much better things you can spend your money on..........

·
Viva el iPod
1,232 Posts
We get this question ALL the time where I work, and basically if your car comes with an airbag, you're usually screwed (unless someone makes a race-only adapter, like for miatas). IIRC, its illegal to sell something that interferes with the SRS system, which maybe why none of our manufacturers (momo, sparco, grant) offer hubs for cars equipped with airbags.

WRXs had momo/airbag-equipped wheels as JDM equipment, I used to sell those as they were direct replacement OE. Maybe you can get a JDM one that's nicer? Just a thought.

·