Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 07 pathfinder. It came to me with a remote starter and immobilizer bypass. I was trying to get new keys made (all keys lost situation) and the bypass module seems to be preventing the OBDII port from connecting to the key programmer and it's not allowing the antenna at the ignition to even power on. I'm assuming a faulty bypass module. I want to remove the system all together but have never attempted anything like this. Is it as simple as just splicing all the wires back together after removing all the harnesses? or is there an easy way to remove it from the BCM and just leave the hardware in? Please help!

·
Sup Mod keeping the peace
6,254 Posts
It's best to remove those aftermarket components altogether. The first thing you need to do prior to the surgery, is to disconnect the battery. Just be careful when reconnecting the original wires back together. Follow the color codes on the wires for a correct match. When splicing the wire ends, clean the bare ends with fine sandpaper, wrap the ends together and solder them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. Am I thinking correct by thinking I start the theoduke harness and trace the wires back and then just remove from the splice? I have an electronics background so I'm confident in putting the wires back together. Also once system is removed will car go back to normal ooesrion or will there need to be any reprogramming.

·
Sup Mod keeping the peace
6,254 Posts
Since the device was spliced in series, removing the device should allow communication through the OBD-II port/FOB signal receiver to the BCM. So I would venture to say no reprogramming of any sort should be needed unless the device modified settings in the BCM.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts