Nissan Forum banner

101 - 106 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
lolz...i wanted to the same thing!!!!!... get a 03' front bumper...the 04' look fugly!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
154 Posts
lucky_azz_jojo said:
which one is better....NISMO or HOTSHOT?...im planning to do it myself too..
Back to the headers...

Nismo or HS? And are you guys talking about the Nismo with or without the cat? The one with the cat is $250 more and doesn't seem to give as much boost as the AEBS system, which also comes with a cat but is cheaper.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Let me first point out that my memory may be deceiving me, but here goes. As I recall looking at the pictures of the AEBS header, it also replaces further down the exhaust (this I know for sure). Now this is where it gets fuzzy... I believe that the AEBS header removes BOTH cats and gives back one (the secondary further down the exhaust). So in effect, you are doing the same thing by getting the AEBS or the NISMO w/o the cat. Hopefully Chimmy will correct me if I'm wrong and I will look around on the internet when I have time for a picture of the AEBS header to confirm this. Anyway, the point is that you shouldn't compare the price of the NISMO w/ cat and the AEBS header.

·
Registered
25 Posts
chimmike said:
horsepower is a function of torque.

Horsepower wins races. Not torque.

Look at the numbers produced by a formula one car. HP is WAY more than torque. Look at Ferrari's.
I've always thought of torque to horspower like amps to voltage. Is that an accurate way to understand how torque and horsepower work? Sorry for bringing up an old thread, just read this while searching for something else and was curious.

101 - 106 of 106 Posts