Nissan Forum banner

41 - 60 of 106 Posts

·
StreetWiseCustoms
540 Posts
Not all. But, almost.
PR filters, Meganracing, and a few others are not. And don't need to be after cleaning them with filter cleaner and water. After you clean them the oil comes off with the dirt and grim. Thats why we should re-oil them. Well, the K&N filters and of course the AEM, Injen filters as well.

·
StreetWiseCustoms
540 Posts
SCC July 2003 Volume 15
Page 53
AEM has a new filter cleaning system that includes a filter cleaning solution and element oil... That can be used for all oiled filters.

·
Registered
172 Posts
there is a article in a newer imort mag that tells you how to mod your spec to gain 35 hp!!! and in the order you should do them 1/ intake (aem was used)2/ header 4/ cat back 5/ knock sensor 6/ motor mounts fill with black window caulk!!!

·
See you in the rear view
517 Posts
I'm gonna post a new thread about this out in the 2.5 forum but I saw this one and it's similar so since a number of people have already subscribed to this thread that would probably know the answer to my question I'm gonna ask it here too. I've seen on e-bay a nismo cold air intake for the b15 spec and se-r. It says "genuine nismo CAI" and I know I haven't heard anything on here about this. Is this true or is this just a hoax? If it's true I would like to buy one, but I don't believe it. The downpipe is black and says nismo on it but I suppose anyone could stick a sticker on a cold air intake and call it nismo. Anybody have any idea? Thanks and sorry for the length of this thing. Later,
Fletch

·
See you in the rear view
517 Posts
Ok, sorry. I just saw another post of pics of someone's nismo intake so I guess they are real. Sorry, :D. My bad,
Fletch

·
StreetWiseCustoms
540 Posts
Zaren said:
MDMA, out of curiousity, with all that stuff done to your car what's your 1/4 mile time?
2.29 60' [email protected] with the heavy 18"x7.5" rims/tires
2.21 60' [email protected] with stock rims

My launches still suck... 2.1 is very possible and a bunch of buddies do them all day... They have the same mods doing [email protected]

·
Registered
2 Posts
qr25de

did u guys know that when u get headers and cat-back exhaust for the spec v it releases 24 horses? just imagine the size and the displacement of the engine... the stock headers and exhaust is just too small for the engine. its just like a kid with an asthma that never bring his inhaler!! :fluffy: anyway u guys should try to modify the bolt-ons first before doing any internal stuff. if my spec v ran a 15'2 stock, what do u think would it run with 24 horses more!!! just an advice (dont have to do it)!! one more thing 2 1/4 is the best size coz like they said a car with less than 200 horses requires an average piping which is 2 1/4 inch... QR25DE=sleeping monster

black 02' nissan spec v
stillen headers with 2 1/4 piping
a'pex i muffler

·
TECKADEMICS
281 Posts
nismo_tuner209 said:
did u guys know that when u get headers and cat-back exhaust for the spec v it releases 24 horses? just imagine the size and the displacement of the engine... the stock headers and exhaust is just too small for the engine. its just like a kid with an asthma that never bring his inhaler!! :fluffy: anyway u guys should try to modify the bolt-ons first before doing any internal stuff. if my spec v ran a 15'2 stock, what do u think would it run with 24 horses more!!! just an advice (dont have to do it)!! one more thing 2 1/4 is the best size coz like they said a car with less than 200 horses requires an average piping which is 2 1/4 inch... QR25DE=sleeping monster

black 02' nissan spec v
stillen headers with 2 1/4 piping
a'pex i muffler
Dude, what are you talking about?! Most of the people on this board have bolt-on's. Is it just me, or does 24hp sound a little excessive for H/E?

·
Registered
107 Posts
KSipmann said:
Hotshot Performance makes a Cold-Air Intake & a Header.

AEM makes a Cold-Air Intake.

Stromung has a Cat-Back Exhaust.

VRS has a Cat-Back Exhaust.

Aero Duo & Stillen both make body kits for the B15.

Motivational, Progress and B&G make coil-over suspensions.
Does the AEM CAI allow for the maxairflow sensor, or does it connect after the airflow sensor?

41 - 60 of 106 Posts