Nissan Forum banner

21 - 40 of 106 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
There is a company in Tallahassee FL called Trubendz Tech. They have a cat back for the SE's and SE-R's (Spec included). I got the 2.5" aluminized from them for 320 shipped. It's a little loud, but a resonator would fix that. They will add one for $50. Their website is trubendz.com. Comes with a magnaflow on it too!

·
StreetWiseCustoms
540 Posts
Good info but 320 for NONE stainless is a little to much for me. But, it's still cheaper then a lot of other exhausts out there and like mine it comes with magnaflow :).

Good find

·
Registered
193 Posts
MDMA said:
It's been out but most are just rebadged products...
Would you happen to know where I could get my hands on one of those catalogs? Peace.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
so it seems like from the blown MAf poll thread that the AEM CAI is the most reliable in the sense that it doesn't seem to give the MAF sensor a problem.. but what about its HP gains? are there typically a little lower in production than the Hotshot or Injen Intakes?

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
thats not what the thread looked liked that i saw....
ill try finding it..but, most people who had an injen CAI seemed to have problems, whereas those with the AEM's werent having any problems at all

·
StreetWiseCustoms
540 Posts

·
StreetWiseCustoms
540 Posts
RivC
Sentra Fan

Just got my car back, turns out my maf didnt get messed up. the code came up on it because i had turned the car on once while it wasnt plugged in. So injen was not the cause and I doubt it ever will be. I got like 8,000+ miles with the intake in.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
hmm, so basically if you dont put in enough oil, you will have problems with the MAF? i mean, i dont do my own oil changes, so if i put an intake on, how would i be able to ensure that i have enough oil so that i dont have this problem?

·
StreetWiseCustoms
540 Posts
I'll go easy on you...

The oil were referring to is the oil that you put on your air filter. Actually you don't need alot at all. Over oiling is the cause of MOST of these MAF problems. Just put very little on the filter just enough to lightly cover it. Most aftermarket filters are reusable. And after about 15K - 20K you need to wash them. After you wash them you apply the oil on the clean DRY filter. They come with directions.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
the air filter being the filter that is in the airbox, like, if i put in a K&N air filter, the actual filter the air goes through...thats where you put the oil?
excuse the newbiness

·
StreetWiseCustoms
540 Posts
NISMO82 said:
you dont have to oil them, I've never oiled any of mine and havnen't had a probelm

YES YOU DO!!!
And does the fact that you haven't had a problem YET make it right?

Even the K&N drop in filters you have to oil after you clean them...:rolleyes:
There are some you don't have to oil like the one that comes with Meganracing or Place racing and a few others but with AEM, Injen, K&N, and almost all the others YOU NEED to oil them...:rolleyes:

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
im guessing, you can use an oil that comes in a spray can to do the job?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Still not seeing how oiling the filters help a whole lot but I've never had a probelm so I'm going to continue what I'm doing and if you want to oil your shit up go ahead and see if your MAF gets messed up.

·
StreetWiseCustoms
540 Posts
NISMO82 said:
Still not seeing how oiling the filters help a whole lot but I've never had a probelm so I'm going to continue what I'm doing and if you want to oil your shit up go ahead and see if your MAF gets messed up.
This statement and most of your others really shows me and everyone else that you no absolutely nothing about cars... So, for the other people on this board please do not give any more advise. Because someone or some people might actually think you know what your talking about and fu-k up there cars listening to you.

21 - 40 of 106 Posts