Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first post.

Im trying to find a reasonably price head unit has dvd / lcd screen / and gps navigation.

Is there any particular brand that fits without any modifications? Are there any off-brands that work as well??? How hard is the install??? Would double din units work?

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
This is my first post.

Im trying to find a reasonably price head unit has dvd / lcd screen / and gps navigation.

Is there any particular brand that fits without any modifications? Are there any off-brands that work as well??? How hard is the install??? Would double din units work?
Double din would be the only one that works without further problems.

Install..... may require disconnecting factory amplifiers. I know on my 95 Pathfinder, it doesn't like aftermarket head units unless a complete rewiring to the speakers is done and bypassing factory amps.

May be different with the 05+ Pathfinders.

·
Registered
2018 Nissan Pathfinder SL
4,220 Posts
whats a a reasonable price ?
they are down to 700 - 800 but that's about as low as i have seen them.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
oops seems like the link doesnt work - But if you go to amazon, you can do a search on in dash dvd gps and you'll get some hits that are very reasonable. Given the brands are like pyle and power acoustic.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
whats a a reasonable price ?
they are down to 700 - 800 but that's about as low as i have seen them.
I've seen Pioneer go as low as $400, but that is without NAV. I was considering getting it, but installing anything aftermarket would void certain warranty items.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
anyone know of any sites that show you how to do the install? I bought a dvd - double din unit and I have the sconche install kit. I have a rough idea on how to install the unit - IE removing most of the middle console trim, but I wanted to see if there was a way to get around that and install it in a less messy way.

I had a nissan maxima before this one and did all of the electrical work for it and I have installed dozens of head units in the past. But since this car is a 2007, i want to make sure I dont ghetto it up too quickly - LOL

BTW i ordered this unit - had decent reviews but because of this recession, my wife gave me a limit of 300 dollars lol

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=7850650

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
just an update! I bought the head unit for 200 bucks from walmart, I also bought a harness kit. The install went smoothly - all of the trim just "popped" off.

I first took the trim surrounding the cup holders off. (just use your hands and dont use tools)

I then took off the trim around the shifter. (same with this one)

I then popped off the top piece (right above the head unit)

I took the screw off.

I popped off the climate control - and voila, instant access to the unit!

I didnt even have to use the kit because there were brackets that are attached to the factory head unit.

Good Luck!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts