Nissan Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
HusH said:
Hey! So not only am I very new to cars, but I'm also really into racing, and I just got haned my mom's 2002 Nissan Altima 2.5s. And I had a few questions.

1. I want to keep the engine and the car, but there aren't many parts for the "Altime 2.5s" engine. However I found that the Sentra SE-R has the exact same engine. Can a slap on parts for my Altima that are made for the SE-R...say like headers and camshafts? Cold air intake?

There are those same items made for the 2.5: Headers,intake,pulleys,grounding wires,etc. are all available for you. just search

2. What do headers and camshafts do?

aftermarket headers will increase airflow from the engine due to better construction and ceramic coating that keeps them cooler than stock. cams would be the most expensive mod you could do besides turbo or supercharger. they will run you around $1000+ then maybe 300-700 to install depending on wo you can get to do it
3.If I wanted to plung in an EMS, would I have to modify my car first and then plug it, or can I keep adding things after I've already installed it?

what is "an EMS"? if you are referring to a chip of some sort you would have to remove your ECU and send it out to get tuned by one of the companies that does that work. or look into getting an S-AFC II

4. I wanted to put a Nismo 350Z dual catback exhaust, but there is only on exhaust manifold. (am I saying that right?) Is it possible to spread the exhaust into two pipes? If so, does it do anything to either boost or lower horse power?

The 350z exhaust will not fit on the altima. you can run a dual exhaust but it is pretty pointless. you are better off with the single.

5. What is a short shifter and what does it do?

Reduces the length of the throw of your shifts on a manual transmission. faster shifts = faster car

Thanks so much!

Patrick
my advice is to stay away from performance with the 2.5. if you want performance then trade it in and get a 3.5. you will have a much better platform to begin gaining HP.

also use the search button to find answers to most of these common questions.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Senna777 said:
I have been asking myself a question. Is a strut bar better than a sway bar? What's the difference? Therefore, what type of modification should I make on my 2005 3,5SE altima? I went with a eibach pro kit for the suspension and I know that a lot of people are recommending rear sway bar but should I also go with the front?

Thanks.
the front is mostly for looks. the altima has a bar in the frame just under the winshield. so if you want a front bar it would just be for looks. very minimal performance. check out www.altimas.net for more information than this site

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.