Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Yea, I'm a freak..
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Engine and Exhaust

Here is an ongoing list of aftermartket/custom parts...

Underdrive Pullies

Unorthodox Racing Pulley Unorthodox Racing
Definitive Motor Sports, Inc Defenitivemotorsports.com, contact [email protected] Phone: (949)235-0909
Fax: (949)770-8478

BELTS
VQ35 **note: QR25 uses original belts**
GATES K060408 Altenator & A/C
CarQuest - K060408
NAPA - 25-060408
AC Delco - 6K408

GATES K040300 Power Steering
CarQuest - K040300
Ultra Last - K040300
NAPA - 25-040300
AC Delco - 4K300

Exhaust

Stillen mufflers for both VQ35 and QR25 (mounts using OE setup) Stillen
Mossey full cat-back system for both QR25 and VQ35(eliminates resonator) Mossy Performance

Intakes

AEM
AEM Intakes
Injen
Injen Intakes
Jim Wolf Technology Warm Air
JWT Intakes
Place Racing
Place Racing
Stillen
Stillen Warm Air
SWA
SWA
Berk
Berk Cold Air

Headers

Stillen
HotShot

V6 Mid Pipes

Custom Altima
Stillen

Click here to read about the installation on NissanPerformanceMag.com's Project Altima 3.5 SE.

Cams

Jim Wolf Technology

Click here to read about the installation on NissanPerformanceMag.com's Project Altima 3.5 SE.

·
Registered
31 Posts
nismo makes a CAI that is available thru any dealer. Is listed for $310.00

·
Registered
8 Posts
SP Performance slotted brake rotors
Sun Automobile grounding kit and hyper voltage kits
Intrax Springs
Greddy Exhaust
Hotshot Headers
InPro LED tail lights
Trenz billet grilles
T-Rex billet grilles
Lund headlight covers
Lund tail light covers
Street Scene Equipment body kits
Street Scene Speed Grilles
Nismo front and rear sway bars
Nismo lowering springs and shortened shocks and struts
Injen ram air intake
Injen race division cold air intake
Apexi exhaust system

·
Registered
12 Posts
LIUSPEED said:
Hey thanks for the info! A couple of questions. Has anyone ordered from there? Are the parts reliable or am I gonna fry something? What the difference between XenonDepot and the Xtreme HID Conversion Kit? My thinking would be the wattage/amperage and light color. But that makes little sense that the higher grade (ie. 65k and 8k) are less expensive than the 4k and 45k. Help!!!! What gives? Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
2002-2004 altima angel eye rings

I have baught a pair of brand new nissan altima angel eye rings but didnt want to put them in after i got them, i spent about $200.00 on them and im here offering it fo $150. if anybodies interested please let me know.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Project Altima

Hey! So not only am I very new to cars, but I'm also really into racing, and I just got haned my mom's 2002 Nissan Altima 2.5s. And I had a few questions.

1. I want to keep the engine and the car, but there aren't many parts for the "Altime 2.5s" engine. However I found that the Sentra SE-R has the exact same engine. Can a slap on parts for my Altima that are made for the SE-R...say like headers and camshafts? Cold air intake?

2. What do headers and camshafts do?

3.If I wanted to plung in an EMS, would I have to modify my car first and then plug it, or can I keep adding things after I've already installed it?

4. I wanted to put a Nismo 350Z dual catback exhaust, but there is only on exhaust manifold. (am I saying that right?) Is it possible to spread the exhaust into two pipes? If so, does it do anything to either boost or lower horse power?

5. What is a short shifter and what does it do?

Thanks so much!

Patrick

Slurppie said:
Here is an ongoing list of aftermartket/custom parts.

Underdrive Pullies

Unorthodox Racing Pulley Unorthodox Racing
Definitive Motor Sports, Inc Defenitivemotorsports.com, contact [email protected] Phone: (949)235-0909
Fax: (949)770-8478

BELTS
VQ35 **note: QR25 uses original belts**
GATES K060408 Altenator & A/C
CarQuest - K060408
NAPA - 25-060408
AC Delco - 6K408

GATES K040300 Power Steering
CarQuest - K040300
Ultra Last - K040300
NAPA - 25-040300
AC Delco - 4K300

Exhaust

Stillen mufflers for both VQ35 and QR25 (mounts using OE setup) Stillen
Mossey full cat-back system for both QR25 and VQ35(eliminates resonator) Mossy Performance

Intakes

AEM
AEM Intakes
Injen
Injen Intakes
Jim Wolf Technology Warm Air
JWT Intakes
Place Racing
Place Racing
Stillen
Stillen Warm Air
SWA
SWA
Berk
Berk Cold Air

Headers

Stillen
HotShot

V6 Mid Pipes

Custom Altima
Stillen

Cams

Jim Wolf Technology

·
Registered
241 Posts
HusH said:
Hey! So not only am I very new to cars, but I'm also really into racing, and I just got haned my mom's 2002 Nissan Altima 2.5s. And I had a few questions.

1. I want to keep the engine and the car, but there aren't many parts for the "Altime 2.5s" engine. However I found that the Sentra SE-R has the exact same engine. Can a slap on parts for my Altima that are made for the SE-R...say like headers and camshafts? Cold air intake?

There are those same items made for the 2.5: Headers,intake,pulleys,grounding wires,etc. are all available for you. just search

2. What do headers and camshafts do?

aftermarket headers will increase airflow from the engine due to better construction and ceramic coating that keeps them cooler than stock. cams would be the most expensive mod you could do besides turbo or supercharger. they will run you around $1000+ then maybe 300-700 to install depending on wo you can get to do it
3.If I wanted to plung in an EMS, would I have to modify my car first and then plug it, or can I keep adding things after I've already installed it?

what is "an EMS"? if you are referring to a chip of some sort you would have to remove your ECU and send it out to get tuned by one of the companies that does that work. or look into getting an S-AFC II

4. I wanted to put a Nismo 350Z dual catback exhaust, but there is only on exhaust manifold. (am I saying that right?) Is it possible to spread the exhaust into two pipes? If so, does it do anything to either boost or lower horse power?

The 350z exhaust will not fit on the altima. you can run a dual exhaust but it is pretty pointless. you are better off with the single.

5. What is a short shifter and what does it do?

Reduces the length of the throw of your shifts on a manual transmission. faster shifts = faster car

Thanks so much!

Patrick
my advice is to stay away from performance with the 2.5. if you want performance then trade it in and get a 3.5. you will have a much better platform to begin gaining HP.

also use the search button to find answers to most of these common questions.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts