Nissan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an afcII laying in my garage and was thinking about thowing it on the spec when i get it but i dont feel like slicing and dicing...does anyone make a harness for it so you can just plug it up?

-Steve

PS if i cant do that i have an AFCII blue for sale i think

·
Powered By hopes & dreams
8,328 Posts
no harness for the QR25. sorry

·
PB JELLY TIME!
1,484 Posts
How much you want to get rid of it for since youre too lazy to make some power?

·
Not Anymore.
5,014 Posts
If you do hook it up, you should really sodder.

Doing this right is a 3 hour plus job. Some guys will say less because they ghetto rigged or want to look like they can work fast. Accessing the ECU for the first time is a huge PITA and soddering isnt the fastest process either.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
anyone run the afc on these cars? does it help at all?

·
Registered
871 Posts
EVOSTEVO said:
anyone run the afc on these cars? does it help at all?
Search, its your friend.

Depends what you want to do, about 10whp gain for those with bolt-ons. If your goal is to run fast NA then its a must in my opinion. Seriously though, run a quick search and you'll find these answers.

·
Registered
26 Posts
There have been many people to hook this up to their cars. i "ghetto rigged" mine to my car in about 45 minutes. I did not solder the wires, simply used T-taps and connectors. Works beautifully.

Also I have an 05, and when NickZac said it is a PITA to get to the ECU, he is right, but only if you have an 02-03. The ECU could never have easier access in the 04-05. Just move the Strut Tower Bar, and your there. Don't even have to remove the ECU, just unplug it and you are good to go.

·
Registered
26 Posts
As far as seeing power through this mod, you have to tune it. I would suggest Dyno tuning it, much more accurate and if you have someone tuning it for you who knows what they are doing, they wont F anything up.

I am getting mine dyno tuned may14th. Like it has been said before, if you dont tune your SAFCII, it is just a pretty way to monitor RPMs and such.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts