Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After installing my AFC I get absolutally NO throttle signal or anything. Can someone please help me with this. I have tried going through the setup instructions on page 13 of the manual several times and have gone through the walkthrough of the install multiple times. Please help me, my car won't go nowhere.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update: I just disconnected the AFC entirely from the car and I'm still having the same problem. The car sometimes wants to start, revs to 2k then stalls. Other times it idles at 1,000 rpms and i'll press the throttle to the floor and it will only rev to 2,000 rpms. We have checked the connections, used a voltmeter and can't get seperate readings from no throttle to full throttle. I don't know what's wrong and now have no transportation. Taking it to Nissan is the last thing I want to do since I have messed with the wiring. How do they treat people that have installed AFC's?

·
Not Anymore.
5,014 Posts
Ruben said:
Are you getting a check engine light? The symptoms you are describing sound MAF related.
Yea, it sounds like the car is in safe mode. Disconecting the neg batt terminal is where I would start. I would then check codes via the pedal, see what you are throwing (if you are throwing one) and reset it.

I am guessing you have a CAI, what brand do you have?

·
Registered
12 Posts
did you do the install while the battery was still connected? You have to disconnect it, because there is still current and power going through the system. you may have acciedentally grounded or shorted something out if that's the case.

·