Nissan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The power is there, but its hard to tell where it kicks in. I'm sure that this is do to the fact that the gains are all across the powerband. Only the dyno will be able to tell if its worth the extra money or not.

·
Registered
236 Posts
we're dyno-ing mine july 20th w/ a few diff. cai.

first is going to be my car with my AEM. then we're strapping on the HS cai. then possibly a home made/PS/or wai....(depending on available time/funds)
but remember, i'm auto. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Please keep me posted on the results. SoCal SERCA doesn't seem to be having a dyno day soon, so it looks like I'm gonna have to pay full price for my pull. But I'm gonna have to because I can't stand looking at my HS header in the garage anymore.:D

·
Registered
236 Posts
yeah man. i know i'll post the findings on all 3 boards i cycle through. (sr20/b15/nissan)

but remember, i'm auto, and the cai is my only performance part so far. i'm sure diff. intakes react differently to more mods.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ROFL !!!:D

That was a good one Sentrixx!

But to answer your question, they are pretty expensive intakes. Normally they run anywhere between $280-340. Wait until 99.se.ltd does the dyno testing. That way you don't spend your money on the AEM if it doesn't make more power that the other options. Luckily I got mine for about the same as the HS so no complaints from me:D

Martin

·
Registered
236 Posts
HA, sorry about that sentrixx. i wasn't thinking straight that night.
damn martin...who's charging $340 for an AEM?
i still think nobody has gotten a better deal on one than me. -->3 months old, less then 3k miles on it, mint condition (the guy was very anal about keeping the engine bay spotless), no shipping (i picked it up), and he offered to install it for (which he did). all for $150. best $150 i've spent on any car.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
DAMN! That is a good deal. Doesn't it retail for about $300?

I just talked to some SERCA members and the next dyno day will be in early August. So I'm gonna wait to put my header on, that way we can have at least two independent test to base our results on. I'm really not expecting a huge gain, but I just hope it gives me at least two more WHP.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts