Nissan Forum banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Steve,
Did you change anything with the rear upper mounts, and can I run the stock mount with the AD's? Springs are 2.5" X 8" front and back, is that right? I'm looking around locally for my springs and wanted to make sure. Still no struts. Maybe by Christmas!

Calvin

·
Registered
23 Posts
Popeye said:
Steve,
Did you change anything with the rear upper mounts, and can I run the stock mount with the AD's?
I'm using the ShigSpeed mounts in the rear. They're a perfect fit for the ADs. You can use the stock mounts if you wish, however, you'll need to widen the hole to about 3/4". I really think the ShigSpeed mounts are the way to go.

Springs are 2.5" X 8" front and back, is that right? I'm looking around locally for my springs and wanted to make sure.
I'm using 2.5" x 7" ERS's on all four corners. They're also using sevens on the Kojima/Paule SE-R cup car. Seven inches is just about perfect on the rear; on the front you could go seven or eight. This is with about 2" of travel in the front; 3+" in the rear.

Be prepared... your car will sit low and you won't be able to raise it more than a couple inches off the bump stops in the front because of the shortened strut.

Steve

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Where did you pick up the ShigSpeed mounts, I hadn't heard of them yet? Maybe you told me this before but can you still run a 205x50x15 with the car this low? Have you rolled the frnders?

Thanks for all the help!
Calvin

·
Registered
23 Posts
Popeye said:
Where did you pick up the ShigSpeed mounts, I hadn't heard of them yet?
He's the moderator of this forum. :)

Maybe you told me this before but can you still run a 205x50x15 with the car this low? Have you rolled the frnders?
I'm running 195/60/14 on 14x6 for the street and 205/55/14 on 14x7 on the track and autocross. I'm looking at getting 15 inch rims for the street sometime... it will be a tight fit and I *might* have to roll the rear fenders. The front with 15 inch rims should be fine.

Steve

41 - 44 of 44 Posts