Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Hates everyone.
1,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Last weekend I was out rallying about when my muffler packed it in (sucks, but I'm better off than the guy that wrecked his 2.5 RS) and is now in about 2 pieces, all of which are still attached to the car.

So, now I need to replace it and some advice would be appreciated, keeping in mind that I want to be able to hear the stereo (these past few days have been a lot of fun but it's wearing thin), I'm not rolling in $, and everything before the muffler is staying stock. Is it worth going to something less restrictive? Should I just stay stock? What's out there? Is there anything I can put on myself, in my driveway, without having to weld or cut? The rest of the pipe is new, so the bolts haven't rusted yet.

TIA

·
Registered
638 Posts
IF you wanna stay stock, buy the stock OEM SE-R muffler either from nissan or your local auto parts store. It bolts right up and has much better flow than the 1.6 muffler...

·
Hates everyone.
1,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
buy the stock OEM SE-R muffler either from nissan or your local auto parts store. It bolts right up and has much better flow than the 1.6 muffler...
Crud, I thought about that on the weekend and it slipped my mind. Thanks for reminding me. If it bolts right up I may go that way.

·
Still moderating..sorta
1,324 Posts
fcsmotorsports said:
Crud, I thought about that on the weekend and it slipped my mind. Thanks for reminding me. If it bolts right up I may go that way.
Remember that they never sold the SE-R in Canada. Maybe one from an NX2000 would fit.

·
Nissan Freak
462 Posts
you can get a nice focuz bolt on streight thru muffler

1 - 5 of 5 Posts