Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to go with a blacktop S13 engine. I will be using JWT S3 cams and have been told the high port design is much better than the VCT I will lose...

I plan on using the GT2871R, Greddy intake and intercooler, 3" downpipe, and the Q45/Pulsar TB. I am building a DD mostly and not looking to get into 12's or lower :)

I will go Enthalpy tune.

I am not sure on injectors yet, fuel pump will be Walbro.

Probably a Mitsmoto radiator....not sure on fans yet...

My main question is 1) will I be able to use my 98 KA A/C compressor? 2) would it be more worthwhile to use the SR20's smaller compress and many source LHD lines?

I see the compressor issue is a problem sometime, even with codyace's brackets...

My initial install will be purely the stock swap and intercooler until i can verify it's good. I will replace waterpump, oil pump, I am going to circuit sports pulleys, and I will probably do the head gasket.

Is there a good hose kit out there? I had tried to search but didn't see one...I know they make them for domestic cars...i'd imagine with the SR20 popularity there'd be one or a compatible one. I'd like to replace all the hoses/vac lines while I have the engine out. If I can go with something nice looking...it would be the time to do it.

I have a catback already and the rest of the car's maintenance has been done. Just killing myself having no power.

Not sure if I left anything out...I don't think the ATI damper, cam spockets, upgraded springs/retainers, etc are needed for this build. I have been told sooner or later I will end up down that road though...

I am going to try and shop this stuff over a few months and try to score used where I can and never-used stuff from those that ended up upgrading prior to the first install.

·
Sup Mod keeping the peace
7,229 Posts
The DOHC KA compressor usually bolts right on, using 2 of the 4 SR bracket bolts.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The DOHC KA compressor usually bolts right on, using 2 of the 4 SR bracket bolts.
I see that in places then others saying they needed a bracket.

Still I am really thinking of using the SR one because of size/weight. I am trying to find out if they are available here and if the LHD lines will just drop in.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts