Nissan Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking for a toyota truck for a while with no luck really.
I keep seeing some Nissan pickups around though and per $ in my area you are getting a newer, less miles, less rust.. and just overall a nicer condition truck for the money in a Nissan.

I am not familiar though with the Nissan trucks and would like some advice on them.

I am looking at 1995 reg cab, 4x4 with the 2.4L, manual shift.
no rust, very nice condition for its age. 175000 miles on it.

Is the 2.4L a good solid engine like the Toyota 22RE is?
I see it makes about 20 more hp with a loss of about 1mpg according to the EPA estimates.

Would just like to make sure it is a good engine with no major issues like Toyota's 3.0 of those years.
Any other tips or thiings i should look for on it when i go see it in person tommorrow would be great.

Thank you

· Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good to know on the motor. Its used so you never know for sure how it was taken care of i guess.

This will just be a commuter mainly and haul and ATV somtimes. No mods at all most likely so the lack of aftermarket shouldn't matter to me to much.

Thank you for the reply

· Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok, thats good to know.

But Nissan doesn't give a mileage # of when the chain is worn out and needs to be replaced? I guess what i'm saying is at 175000 miles is that somthing i need to have done to it, or is the chain somthing that lasts the life span of the engine.

I guess i'm just used to seeing the timing chain posts on toyota forums. I don't remember the mileage interval on them though.

The guide being updated before this trucks year is nice to know.
Stuff like that is why i post asking questions on these boards! :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.