Nissan Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
34 Posts
My 1990 Kingcab 2.4L just rolled over to 226K, still runs like new. Best of all, I get around 26MPG when I avoid the E10 that most fuel stations now sell as "Gas".....

· Registered
34 Posts
Yeah, it's a 2WD truck.
The only real issue the KA24E had was the timing chain guide from 89-93, made from plastic it had habit of breaking. Nissan redesigned the guide with metal, and all replacements are now the newer design.

My buddy refers to Nissan trucks as being like a sore peter, unbeatable. The guys on top gear, a UK car show, used a Nissan truck to float the english channel. They called it an unsinkable truck......

· Registered
34 Posts
The timing chain guide issue was resolved by the time the 94 models hit the states. Since the truck you are looking at is a 95, it shouldn't have any issues in that dept.
The timing chain itself isn't prone to failure. Just that plastic guide. The plastic guide was not used after 1993.
One telltale sign of timing chain guide failure is a loud rattle occuring at startup, that lasts from 1-10 seconds, then disappears.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.