Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Forum members,

This is my first post. I hope my questions are not too obvious. I currently drive a
Nissan Sentra XE, 1.8 litre with 126hp. I'm looking for information on what I can do to reasonably boost the HP without it
getting too expensive. So far I've been told that I could possibly buy a cold air intake and an aftermarket exhaust system which might boost the power by about 50HP. I've also been told that any mods to an engine would void the warranty. In your opinion would the above mentioned mods void the warranty. I'm in Ottawa Ontario Canada and don't know where I can start to shop for parts in my region and have no idea on the costs of the above mentioned mods or on any other options. You can also reply privately to [email protected].

Thank you,

RobSentra

·
Registered
85 Posts
Whoa there...I doubt you'll get 50 hp from a Cold air intake and exhaust system. CAI (cold air intakes) will run you anywhere from 100 to 250 dollars (US currency) depending on the brand. Megan to Place Racing to Hotshot, there are a number of manufacures. If you check out the project qg18de on nissanperformancemagazine.com you'll see the mods and hp gains. Let's just break them down quickly.

Stock QG18DE: 126 hp (at the crack) - 100 hp at the wheels (about that much)
Headers: (hotshot) - 12 whp
CAI: (hotshot) - 8 whp
UR underdrive pulley: - 5 hp overall.
Exhaust: - ~2-5 whp.

Those are all of the engine performance mods that I know of. Clearly you won't see gains of 50 whp short of a turbo kit.

·
Registered
34 Posts
e2001gxe said:
Those are all of the engine performance mods that I know of. Clearly you won't see gains of 50 whp short of a turbo kit.
or nitrious...

They will not void your warranty unless those parts caused problems to your car. But as a first performance mod, I would get a CAI.

·