Nissan Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Wise Cracker
5,730 Posts
Whts funny is that he has Always done this and no on ehas ver really said anything. I agree with Mike K. here even though it's kinda against the rules. He makes quality CF products that no one else has stepped up to make and he caters to Nissan. It's just too bad that not more people are willing to spend $$$ on his stuff.

·
Administrator
1,075 Posts
wes said:
Whts funny is that he has Always done this and no on ehas ver really said anything. I agree with Mike K. here even though it's kinda against the rules. He makes quality CF products that no one else has stepped up to make and he caters to Nissan. It's just too bad that not more people are willing to spend $$$ on his stuff.
I've known about him all along. I remember him changing his username 2-3 times soon after the forums went online because he couldn't decide. :)

You're right. He's been here just as long as Liu, but he's very low key. I don't see him popping up everywhere posting "I can get that for you, just e-mail me" in response to a post discussing one of the many craptacular parts Liu sells. If he were to ever become as obnoxious as Liu it would be time to stop him, but the occasional product announcement is of no harm.

·
Wise Cracker
5,730 Posts
Scott said:
I've known about him all along. I remember him changing his username 2-3 times soon after the forums went online because he couldn't decide. :)

You're right. He's been here just as long as Liu, but he's very low key. I don't see him popping up everywhere posting "I can get that for you, just e-mail me" in response to a post discussing one of the many craptacular parts Liu sells. If he were to ever become as obnoxious as Liu it would be time to stop him, but the occasional product announcement is of no harm.
Not to mention the fact that he MAKES products himself and pushes the envelope whereas LIU is just a tool...
:thumbup:

·
Administrator
1,075 Posts
wes said:
Not to mention the fact that he MAKES products himself and pushes the envelope whereas LIU is just a tool...
:thumbup:
That too. :)

What some of the mods around here need to learn (I'm not referring to any of you guys) is there are times when a double standard is OK. It's not practical to enforce every rule 100% of the time. This is one example where the advertising rule can be bent a little.

·
NPM Lead Editor/Webmaster
4,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Scott said:
That too. :)

What some of the mods around here need to learn (I'm not referring to any of you guys) is there are times when a double standard is OK. It's not practical to enforce every rule 100% of the time. This is one example where the advertising rule can be bent a little.
hense the reason I posted this in the first place ;)

·
Icy Hot Stunta
2,366 Posts
myoung said:
I know he's been here a while......just wanted to stay consistant..

I just made a discount cut rate good deal with Lui for banners on NPM/NF for 2 months and the other sites for 4 months, so I don't expect to hear anything from him for a while.
He is nearly out of business, lose his home struggling and he makes really good stuff, I have one of his trunck lids, I am praying his stuff catches on because I want to buy a lot of it for my racecar.

He needs a break, he is not obnoxious, the comunity needs this sort of inovation sometimes. Let him be and once he starts doing ok, then lets approch him. He was ready to throw in the towel a few months ago, lets help him turn the corner.

·
Wise Cracker
5,730 Posts
morepower2 said:
He is nearly out of business, lose his home struggling and he makes really good stuff, I have one of his trunck lids, I am praying his stuff catches on because I want to buy a lot of it for my racecar.

He needs a break, he is not obnoxious, the comunity needs this sort of inovation sometimes. Let him be and once he starts doing ok, then lets approch him. He was ready to throw in the towel a few months ago, lets help him turn the corner.
Not that it is my money to give but what about offering him free advertising? I mean given what he has gone through and he still continues to provide for the commnity it seems like a good gesture. May not be fair to others but who will know?

I wish I had $$$ right now to buy a rear deck lid from him... But with the recent upgrades to the car and the purchase of a tow vehicle I'm strapped... Perhaps in a few months I can do my part to help him stay afloat!

·
NPM Lead Editor/Webmaster
4,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
morepower2 said:

Pretty sure we already agreed on that ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts