Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much should I advance my timing? I've heard 17 to 20 deg. What would be the best, considering I use 91 octane? Thanks for the help.

·
Its a JEEP thing...
388 Posts
15 degrees max. Use 91 octane.

WHAT..? Dude...if you have a stock ECU, you can run up to 19 degrees on 91 octane. Dyno testing will tell you were the most power is for timing degree. If you have JWT ecu, then you want 15...

If you dont know the answer...please dont post.:D

·
Its a JEEP thing...
388 Posts
lemme also say.that if you have a 1.6..15 degrees is about the highest you wanna take it.maybe thats what Thomas meant.if so, cool:cool:

·
Platinum
462 Posts
just a little missunderstanding...

Black200SXSER said:

WHAT..? Dude...if you have a stock ECU, you can run up to 19 degrees on 91 octane. Dyno testing will tell you were the most power is for timing degree. If you have JWT ecu, then you want 15...

If you dont know the answer...please dont post.:D
I think tkyan was talking about GA16 timing. Stock GA16 timing is 8 deg and you can advance up to 15 deg with premium gas. Yeah, it says BigHitter23's car is a 99 SE-Limited. That's the SR20DE car. So stock timing is 15 and you can advance up to 19 deg.. :)

T

·
0 Posts
Re: just a little missunderstanding...

CarbonBlack200 said:

BigHitter23's car is a 99 SE-Limited. That's the SR20DE car.
OOPS. :eek:
Yea, I was thinking about 1.6's.

·
Its a JEEP thing...
388 Posts
thats cool...no harm done. as long as everyone knows the difference.

and just as a side note:
on either motor...DO NOT tolerate detonation...it will damage the engine

·
Its a JEEP thing...
388 Posts
Sit in the drivers seat
Put key in ignition
Turn radio off
Push clock button til it blinks
and set time ahead as far as you want it...:D

whalla..ADVANCED TIMING!

There are instructions on www.se-r.net

·
Its a JEEP thing...
388 Posts
and so I have to go look for it for you...? c mon man...if you are too lazy to look for a link, then you will be too lazy to advance the timing...

·
My car doesn't like you
593 Posts
i have a 1.6 and only run 93 octane..... 15 degrees is the max for my engine, correct? it wont cause pinging, knocking or any start of detonation will it???....

1 - 20 of 32 Posts