Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a mostly stock GA16DE in my Automatic '95 B14 Sentra GXE. I got it a few months back now, and all i have done to it is install a K&N Air Filter(No cold air yet), new spark wires, and new NGK Platinum Laser spark plugs($15 a pop). I just change the Oil for the first time sens i bot it using Castrol GTX High Mileage and a Bosh Oil Filter. I got the car with about 148,000 or so on it, it has about 151,000 on it now. After the Sparks and Filter, i think i am back to or better then stock 115Hp.

I have read many posts on this and other forums about people among other things, advanced there timing by about 4 or 5 Degrees.

My Question is, will i get an advantage by advancing it any, I already use 89 to help my engine get a bit more pep(It runs OK on 87, but using the 89 real helps)

My goal is to improve overall performance, I found a old Australian forum with a guide to supping up a N/A Manual GA16DE Pulsar for every day + Pro Rally, but I am mostly doing street and show off, I wont to be able to toast a Honda or Toyota. GA16DE - how to do it N/A style :) [Archive] - Pulsar Group of Australia

·
Registered
2018 Nissan Pathfinder SL
4,241 Posts
There are dyno runs showing the improvement advancing to 15 makes, but you have to run premium gas.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had it advanced. I am running 89/Plus, and so far have had no ill affect. I will run 92/Premium next tank and mostly 92 from now on, but I've get an avg of 27mpg before and after the advance, and now have more power in the low end, and faster throttle responds, so i am happy either way. I am running ARCO at this time, but i will be moving to a Shell V-Power cues Shell gas is 4 cents cheaper then Chevron, and 76 is out of the way.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Final started to run 92 oct and what a diff dose it make. I have never herd this car run so smooth. The car just gos better now... This rocks. The performance curve is also better over all, I can finally get off the line... once i get a SR20 throttle body and Short Ram Cold Air Intake installed i will realy get off the line but still.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts