Nissan Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I wanted to put and MSD ingnition system in my car what is all the right items i need to purchase. Let me know if this is right and your preferences:

Blaster Coil (SS Coil- PN8207
Spark Plug Wires (Nology)
Distributer Cap
Spark Plugs
MSD Ignition (I heard the 6AL)

And how will this effect gas mileage if anyone knows
have hotshot CAI and Headers and 2" pipe to magnaflow exhaust

·
Wise Cracker
5,730 Posts
curtisj85 said:
If I wanted to put and MSD ingnition system in my car what is all the right items i need to purchase. Let me know if this is right and your preferences:

Blaster Coil (SS Coil- PN8207
Spark Plug Wires (Nology)
Distributer Cap
Spark Plugs
MSD Ignition (I heard the 6AL)

And how will this effect gas mileage if anyone knows
have hotshot CAI and Headers and 2" pipe to magnaflow exhaust
Why do you want to add this? The stock wires, coil, and plugs (one heat range colder) are holding up just fine on my car which makes a good amount of power. Honestly you are better off spending your money elsewhere in the car.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ignition

wes said:
Why do you want to add this? The stock wires, coil, and plugs (one heat range colder) are holding up just fine on my car which makes a good amount of power. Honestly you are better off spending your money elsewhere in the car.
Thank you i just really wanted to know was it worth it to do it.thanks

·
Registered
258 Posts
i have the msd 6a with msd blaster coil. but my cousin literaly gave it to me. i just bought the blaster coil, thats it. if you are going to get msd, the stock wires will do fine. it wont work good with nology wires. after i installed mine, and fixed my timing a bit, it made a difference, not a whole lot though. but it was felt on top. but in reality, our cars have a pretty good ignition stock.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts