Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
PB JELLY TIME!
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im debating wether I should get these for my green 200sx. I think they would look good, but I just want some more opinions. These would cost me $999 for 17x7 with 205/40/17 -Kumho tires. Is that a good deal?

If you have any other rims, similar to that, maybe you can post them and prices, so maybe I can get better ones. Im not really looking forward to paying more than 1,000 with tires. Are those tires okay? I know nothing about tires, is that low profile?

That is not my car, but it is that color.

·
Oh, Herro!
2,337 Posts
Personally I would stay away from ADR. The quality is known to be sub-par and the casting techniques they use make for a softer wheel. But that's just my opinon, and you can take it for what it's worth.

As for the tires, Kumhos are an excellent choice. They combine excellent dry grip with outstanding wet traction and a great price. I use Kumho Ecsta Supra 712 tires in size 205/50/15 and am very happy. At first the tires aren't very grippy, but once you get the very top layer of tread worn off (a few hundred miles or so) they stick like crazy. And yes, 40 series is considered low profile. From what I hear, 50-series and smaller is generally considered low profile, although it's up for debate.

BTW - dang that 200 is low.

·
PB JELLY TIME!
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That car is pretty low, he has a custom air bag suspension. A press of a button that fix that. ;) And thanks samo

·
PB JELLY TIME!
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I like those white mr-7s, the only think I dont like is the plate in the middle, that sign is bad looking IMO

J

·
0 Posts
check out Konig rims at www.konigwheels.com, they are really good and you can find them for cheap on Ebay. Also, Tenzo Shu-4 would like tight on that car...
I have 18" Konig Maxxim 187 with 215/35/18 Yokohama Parada Spec-2 tires and it has more handles than Iverson, i dont think i could lose control on the road. Also, DONT GET 17"s, YOU WILL REGRET IT, IN A FEW MONTHS YOU WILL BE WANTING 18"s...
it happens to everyone...
good luck

·
PB JELLY TIME!
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Why would I be wanting 18"s? Konigwheels are too expensive, and I dont like the ones on ebay that are from them. Would 18"s even fit with a 2 inch drop?

J

·
0 Posts
"why would i want 18"s?"
first off, you sound like a little kid when you take away their "Ba Ba", secondly, is $455 (shipped) for a set of brandnew 18" konigs too expensive for you??? if so, im sorry :(. thats lunch money.
third, yes, you can drop it 2. although i went with a 1.9" drop via Eibach springs.
take a nap, and cheer up

S

·
0 Posts
Psch91 said:
Why would I be wanting 18"s? Konigwheels are too expensive, and I dont like the ones on ebay that are from them. Would 18"s even fit with a 2 inch drop?
lol

·
PB JELLY TIME!
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Why is that funny? Its about $1,000 for the rims without any tires. The ones on ebay arent the good ones as from the site, mostly older ones, and styles I dont like. And How should I know if 18"s would fit with a 2 inch drop and not rub with a tight turn? And 18"s are also heavy, I dont want to crap out my performance.

·
PB JELLY TIME!
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Maybe I was too quick to judge. I had looked on ebay before and I didnt like what I saw. I found this one though,
For $505.00. Would the 18's work for tight cornering without rubbing with a 1.5-2" drop, or will that just kill the performance?

·
Oh, Herro!
2,337 Posts
john200sx said:
DONT GET 17"s, YOU WILL REGRET IT, IN A FEW MONTHS YOU WILL BE WANTING 18"s...
it happens to everyone...
Hmm, I have 15s and I don't want 16s, 17s, or 18s. I guess performance matters more to some people than looking [email protected] tYt3 or something. 18s will kill your performance. 17s are even a bit big, but they sure look nice on a B14.

·
Registered
314 Posts
hey psych.... i notice you live in south florida... and if the roads there are half as bad as tampa (im sure they are) you may want to stick with the 17's... at the very biggest. you will already have to run 40's for tires and that is pushing it with the way the road is down here. and if you go 18's and 2" than you will deffinately need 35's and you are going to crease a rim!

just my .02

·
PB JELLY TIME!
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah, thats what I was thinking. 18"s are okay for shows, but not for everyday driving. I dont see how someone can say

"DONT GET 17"s, YOU WILL REGRET IT, IN A FEW MONTHS YOU WILL BE WANTING 18"s...it happens to everyone..."

Thats a bunch of bull. Everyone is different. And the roads arent too bad here. I mean there are construction sites and stuff like that, but its usually pretty nice.

·
PB JELLY TIME!
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
john200sx, I dont see what your problem is? I dont want to buy new rims every month cause mine bend from tight turns or bumpy roads, alright? And I was saying Konig rims are too expensive (for the ones I want) which are not on ebay to get from konigwheels.com since you linked me to the site. 455 shipped is not a lot. I dont quite see that price on 18"s, not shipped anyway. I think you need to control your posts man, dont get carried away. Why dont you get laid or something, or just take a nap yourself.

·
Please Shift Here
6,696 Posts
anyway, here are some of the pics I said I would post, unfortunately no tire company around has the size and brand I need so I'm having them put on Friday. then it will be all ready for the Nissan meet in Tampa this weekend :D
here are the rims sittin in my garage as of this afternoon:

Pics ON my car soon to come...

·
PB JELLY TIME!
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Where in florida are you 1997 GA16DE?

·
Registered
63 Posts
I just bought the same wheel, but in charcole color, (black car) and I will warn you, the small trim pieces, the small rectangle with mr7 on it will fall of. At least mine did, I would suggest re gluing them with epoxy. They flew off on the way home after having the tires mounted, well, 2 of them did. Other than that, love them for the price, 104.00 at good old sears and roebuck!

Russellc

·
Registered
63 Posts
One other thing, invest in a high quality set of lug nuts, these are the really small diameter ones. Do not attempt to use the
socket they give you with an air impact wrench, don't think it will take it. i would also leave off the small plastic caps the supply for the lug nuts. They will stickin there like donkey kong and when you have a flat, rotate, or what ever, there will be a headache!

Cheers, Russellc

1 - 20 of 26 Posts