Nissan Forum banner

Adding Keyless Entry? (1990 GXE)

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  internetautomart 
#1 ·
My Maxima, like near all Maxima's has power everything (windows, locks etc) and it's an automatic. I really want keyless entry on it.

What is the best option for me? Is there a keyless entry system that I can get from the dealership? Should I just install a aftermarket keyless entry/remote starter? Any help on this would be greatly appreciate.

Thanks

#3 ·
Well, I already have the keypad in the door handle, but I have not gotten it to work (only tried 5 times). I wasn't sure if I was entering the door code properly though. Is there a certain technique? Is there a way to reset the code to a default number? What is the default number?

I'm not as interested in the keypad.....I just don't want to fumble for the keys every time I get to the door.

#4 ·
there is a master reset code (different for each car) that will allow you to change the code.
does your key pad light up / beep at you?
and adding aftermarket remote keyless entry is your ONLY option if you want a remote. The factory did not install one on the 3rd gen (dealer did)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.