Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
having hardtime finding a used compressor. All trucks are emptied and needing to know what other vehicles use the same so i can try to find one. Ty

·
Software Developer
615 Posts
There are some Pathfinders that came with a 4-cylinder engine, but those are few.

Your best chance will be finding parts from someone parting out their vehicle. If there are none local, try Facebook Groups, but you are going to run into shipping costs. Particularly the compressor is going to be a lot, and the AC condenser coil is going to be difficult to fit in a box.

Additionally, you can search on eBay for people parting out Hardbody trucks. They rarely list all of the AC system parts because people do not often ask for those, but most sellers still have those parts available. Make a nice form letter that lists the parts you need, then contact the seller and paste in that information. I typically get 2 to 5 people willing to sell out of 15 to 20 messages sent out. Then you just pick the seller that you have the best feeling about.

·
NF Mod/Nissan Master Tech
2006 Pathfinder LE, 2003 Frontier SVE
9,709 Posts
They came with two different compressors, but I think either will work. The DKV14C compressor came on 85-86 Nissan 720 pickups and 4-cyl. 86.5-97 Hardbodies. The NVR140S compressor came on the same plus 86-87 4-cyl. Pathfinders. You could always get a new compressor from Rockauto.com for around $185. Keep in mind that Nissan switched from R-12 to R-134a in 1993. It would be best to get parts from a vehicle with the R134a system.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts