Nissan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been a honda guy for awhile. Had a 98 civic ex and then a 99 integra LS which I still have. A friend of mine took me for a ride in his 240 about 2 years ago and I loved just riding in it. I still couldnt' see selling my teg, which has been paid off for a couple years now and is in fantastic shape. Then this new roommate I got about a year ago had lost his license and his 90 300ZX was sitting in the pound. He told me if I wanted it it was mine to have. [First understand that he can't drive for another year and his dad sends him money to live while he's in school]. I just had to pay to get it out of the pound ($930). The body was really beat from him running from the cops. He was doing 130 on the highway. But the car still performed like a champ despite having 150k miles and my roommate abusing the hell out of it for the paast 7k miles. We took it up to Z DayZ in the mountains and I immediately fell in love with it! It was a sore spot in the group pics but nobody seemed to care. It great because it looked liked crap and I got it for so cheap I didn't care about going downtown and leaving the T tops off while we were inside somewhere. Unfortunately, this was my first rear wheel drive car, minus the Ranger I had when I was 16, so I wasn't prepared for how it would handle in the rain. Bam! right into a tree! I'd rather buy another car than pay to have this one fixed, so I sold what was left of it on ebay to an American soldier stationed in Germany for $900. So now my eyes are glazed over with enthusiasm and I buy a 300ZX TT. Yes I know, I couldn't handle an NA, why the hell would I buy a Twin Turbo? Well, I spent more money than I wanted to spend on it, I had some fun and now it's for sale. I didn't really drive it much since I rode my bike everywhere anyway. So now I'm looking for a really cheap 240SX and am very excited about the potential that the 240s have! I still have the teg and I'm finding it hard to let go because it's a very practical car for me right now, but I'm dying to have RWD again! So...Sorry this post is so long. Not like you HAD to read it, but I'm very excited about learning about Nissans and the racing pedigree, potential, and just plain fun they deliver.

~Jon B

·
What's in your wallet?
2,640 Posts
Congratulations on joining NF!!:thumbup: Sorry to hear about your losing the 300ZX, but I hope you find a 240SX to suit your needs.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts