Nissan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently installed a Greddy muffler and custom 2 1/4 in. cat-back ehxaust to my 2005 1.8s. I also just ordered HotShot cold air intake and am waiting for it to arrive.

I hear conflicting numbers in regards to power gain with the addition of these modifications. Does anyone know a somewhat accurate gain that these are going to add to my car??

I got this car after someone cut me off and totaled my WRX, so I'm really looking for some added power. Any suggestions?

·
Powered By hopes & dreams
8,328 Posts
maybe 6-8whp total gain.

·
PowerdBySteamtoCookRice
281 Posts
The hotsot intake will work...? It says on the website it will not work on 04-05.

I'm trying to find an exhaust for my 05 1.8S where did you get your greddy exhaust...?

·
Powered By hopes & dreams
8,328 Posts
it's not greddy exhaust, it's a greddy muffler.

I don't see why the hotshot won't fit. it might require some modification, but it'll fit.

·
Not Anymore.
5,014 Posts
Header is the big gain and what you should go for after I/E; that is if you can tolerate loud noise. I am pretty sure HotShot makes one for the QG.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The muffler is Greddy, but the 2.25 in. pipe was custom made at a local muffler shop. I bought the muffler from a friend for $50 and installation and the exhaust pipe cost $240.

As for the hotshot CAI, i've asked around and it should fit. I was gonna try to install it with the help of a friend but i realized some cutting of the battery box and engine compartment need to be done for fitting, so im gona have it done for $80.

For my next mod, im either gonna go with headers or do alittle suspension work first. Probably will be a few months before my next mod b/c im pretty boke these days.

·
Not Anymore.
5,014 Posts
I hear that; I mod as I go. Just be sure to get a respectable header name, otherwise you are going to have a headache down the road. ;)

·
PowerdBySteamtoCookRice
281 Posts
What is a good company to buy headers from for a 05 1.8s sentra...? im thinkin of getting it from hotshot, thats the only place i can find a header for.. Could i get some suggestions for places..? Thanks
Jason :cheers:

·