Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone make an adapter that fits on the end of the maf on a 300ZX N/A (z32)?

I wanted to make my own intake using an adapter and a short pipe that would place a high flow filter closer to the bottom of the fascia. This car is just way too quiet.

Thanks.

Cam

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'm finding this board not nearly as helpful as the subaru ones *sigh*

Nevermind, already found one......for $11.25 at that.

Cam

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hopefully this isn't too late - I've seen this done, and it makes the intake filter dangerously close to the road. The owner of the car vacuumed up tire spray off a wet road and killed her MAS. I'd avoid doing this if I were you.

·
Icy Hot Stunta
2,366 Posts
Aspen_2.5RS said:
Does anyone make an adapter that fits on the end of the maf on a 300ZX N/A (z32)?

I wanted to make my own intake using an adapter and a short pipe that would place a high flow filter closer to the bottom of the fascia. This car is just way too quiet.

Thanks.

Cam
Hotshot makes one but I don't think you should do it, you might suck up some water and hydrolock your motor.

Maybe you can reveres it when it rains. I don't think a longer pipe will make your car louder, it might give it low end torque but only the dyno will tell for sure.

Mike

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the information.

I ended up finding a filter with a 3" inlet about 5 inches in length.

Cam

·
Icy Hot Stunta
2,366 Posts
Aspen_2.5RS said:
Thanks for the information.

I ended up finding a filter with a 3" inlet about 5 inches in length.

Cam
That might be too small for a big 3.0 liter motor. I would run a bigger filter.

Mike

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
morepower2 said:
That might be too small for a big 3.0 liter motor. I would run a bigger filter.

Mike
I might could run a filter that's bigger by about another inch in diameter at the base. The length is as long as the car will allow.

The car should be sold either this weekend or next, so I'm not worried about it.

Thanks.

Cam

·
Icy Hot Stunta
2,366 Posts
Aspen_2.5RS said:
I might could run a filter that's bigger by about another inch in diameter at the base. The length is as long as the car will allow.

The car should be sold either this weekend or next, so I'm not worried about it.

Thanks.

Cam
OK no bigge then.

Mike

1 - 8 of 8 Posts